just had to post... Feeling acomplished

Options
i have been properly sticking to a fitness plan for 6 weeks, i started off weighing in at 189lb, i signed up to the gym, and started watching what i eat and trying to come in at around 1200-1500 cals.
i didn't use the gym, i started spinning, circuits and kettlecise classes. approx 4 times per week.

I have lost 11.5lb in 6 weeks, ok not a massive amount but i am happy, and today i ran on the treadmill, i ran for 3.5k at 8.8kph non stop.
6 weeks ago i would have been struggling to have run .1k. It's amazing how my fitness levels have improved and how my shape has changed (kicking myself for not taking measurements at the start)
Historically i have the willpower and motivation of a sloth, now i am living proof that changing you mindset pays off, no more faddy diets for me, hard work all the way.
pointless post i guess, just feeling mighty proud of how far i have come

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Its not pointless at all . You have every right to feel proud. Congrats on your success.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 11.5lb in 6 weeks is fantastic!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You should be proud of yourself, that's almost 2 pounds per week which is just right. Keep up the hard work and healthy eating!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Great Job! That is what MFP is about.. you get to share your victories! :smile:
  • tattooedmother22
    Options
    Might not be a "massive amount", but its the healthy amount and the only thing that matters is how you feel! Congratulations!!!! You seem very happy, as you have every right to be! Rooting for you!!!
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's a fantastic achievement on all levels.....keep up the great work and positive attitude. :drinker: :happy:
  • Joa1210
    Joa1210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, today i guess i hit a milestone i thought i never would, which was the running so proud of myself for doing something i thought i never would :D