Portabello Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce

Options
WadeLam
WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
Few things in life give me more joy than this. A mushroom cap stuffed with a fantastic mixture and baked until golden and sizzling. I could pop these babies in my mouth every day till Kingdom Come and I’m pretty sure that I’d never get tired of them.

Portabello Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce (Peace, Love & Low Carb)

2ywvixh.jpg

35alvuf.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
6 Large Portobello Mushrooms
3 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Garlic – Minced
1 Cup Heavy Cream
½ Cup Chicken Broth
2 Tbs. Fresh Parsley – Chopped
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
8 oz. Ham – Sliced
6 Slices Swiss Cheese – 6oz.
2 Tbs. Panko
Salt and Pepper – To Taste

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off of the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat (keep these pieces). Brush mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes. Chop the mushroom stem and cap pieces that were trimmed in the first step. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté chopped mushrooms in butter, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add heavy cream, chicken broth and parsley. Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Add Parmesan and Dijon to sauce. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally and allow sauce to thicken. Pull mushrooms from oven. Fill caps with sauce, layer with ham, cheese, ham, cheese. Top with another dollop of sauce and a thin layer of panko on top of the sauce. Bake for 7 minutes more at 400°. Then broil on high for 2-3 minutes to allow panko to crisp.

These are soooo filling and delicious, even if they are straight out of 1979. And I’m usually not much of a nostalgic eater. ;)

The recipe is also very easy to lighten up. I spray my mushrooms with zero calorie cooking spray rather than brushing with olive oil, and sauté the chopped mushroom pieces in chicken broth rather than butter. I, myself, use the heavy cream - but I’m sure you could use reduced fat milk (which would yield a thinner sauce, of course). I also highly recommend using Sargento’s thin swiss cheese slices, which cuts the “cheese calories” in half (which isn’t really noticeable). These changes help reduce the overall calorie count, but even so, the recipe is still phenomenal. Trust. And enjoy!

NUTRITION INFO (as written, makes 6 servings):
Per Serving:
Calories – 402
Protein – 15 g
Carbs – 5 net g
Fat – 25 g

Replies

• MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have to try this! Thanks
  • 1LuckyMommy87
    Options
    This looks so good. I will have to try it when I can afford Portobello mushrooms. Those baby's are so expensive!
  • healthyNEWday4me
    Options
    Garsh, that looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    loving it :love:
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those look so good!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I've never thought of this, but sounds delicious! :D
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, give me directions to your house. I'll be right over. You do have another serving available for me, right?
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    On the list to make soon ! Looks excellent ! Thanks.
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those look so good!
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This will be delicious with mixed salad for only a few more calories. Thank you for this recipe it sounds delicious!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Few things in life give me more joy than this. A mushroom cap stuffed with a fantastic mixture and baked until golden and sizzling. I could pop these babies in my mouth every day till Kingdom Come and I’m pretty sure that I’d never get tired of them.

Portabello Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce (Peace, Love & Low Carb)

2ywvixh.jpg

35alvuf.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
    6 Large Portobello Mushrooms
    3 Tbs. Olive Oil
    2 Tbs. Butter
    2 Tbs. Garlic – Minced
    1 Cup Heavy Cream
    ½ Cup Chicken Broth
    2 Tbs. Fresh Parsley – Chopped
    ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
    2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
    8 oz. Ham – Sliced
    6 Slices Swiss Cheese – 6oz.
    2 Tbs. Panko
    Salt and Pepper – To Taste

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off of the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat (keep these pieces). Brush mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes. Chop the mushroom stem and cap pieces that were trimmed in the first step. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté chopped mushrooms in butter, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add heavy cream, chicken broth and parsley. Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Add Parmesan and Dijon to sauce. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally and allow sauce to thicken. Pull mushrooms from oven. Fill caps with sauce, layer with ham, cheese, ham, cheese. Top with another dollop of sauce and a thin layer of panko on top of the sauce. Bake for 7 minutes more at 400°. Then broil on high for 2-3 minutes to allow panko to crisp.

These are soooo filling and delicious, even if they are straight out of 1979. And I’m usually not much of a nostalgic eater. ;)

The recipe is also very easy to lighten up. I spray my mushrooms with zero calorie cooking spray rather than brushing with olive oil, and sauté the chopped mushroom pieces in chicken broth rather than butter. I, myself, use the heavy cream - but I’m sure you could use reduced fat milk (which would yield a thinner sauce, of course). I also highly recommend using Sargento’s thin swiss cheese slices, which cuts the “cheese calories” in half (which isn’t really noticeable). These changes help reduce the overall calorie count, but even so, the recipe is still phenomenal. Trust. And enjoy!

NUTRITION INFO (as written, makes 6 servings):
    Per Serving:
    Calories – 402
    Protein – 15 g
    Carbs – 5 net g
    Fat – 25 g

Sounds fantastic.
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump - looks yummy