New from SoCal - Recent Ketogenic convert!

Options
Hi all,
My name is Fred. I am 56 years old and recently discovered the ketogenic food plan.

I am really excited about this approach. I have NEVER been one to try “diets”, but this simply makes sense.

I am pretty active and generally eat a balanced diet. I started the ketogenic plan 1 week ago.

I began at 160 lbs/15% body fat, 5’-10”. I am currently eating APPROXIMATELY 1700 calories, 140g FAT, 125g PROTEIN and 18g CARBS per day. I am trying to get down to 150 lbs/10% body fat.

I really love the diary on this site!

Before I started, my carb/sugar holdouts were brown rice, bananas, strawberries and blueberries.

I went into ketosis rather quickly without many issues.

I’ve added a few supplements (magnesium, flaxseed oil…) and i’ve changed my fat/protein sources.

I’m looking forward to hearing from other keto-philes and anyone else who is here!
fred

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Fellow Keto-er here! Unfortunately there is a lot of negativity geared towards low carb diets here, so be prepared for them! There are people on here who do various kinds of low carb from paleo to keto, so we do exist! Welcome!
  • zappanut
    zappanut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and heads-up!

I'd love to share Keto experiences.

fred
  • JaymeJaime
    JaymeJaime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Following! I've just started a ketogenic diet, after a year of failing at the calorie reduction model!
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm ketoing as well and love it! There are plenty of us around here :)