Has anyone ever used this excuse to screw up?

Gets on the scale. "Oh look at that! I've been counting cals for a few days and lost a pound. Guess this counting cals thing really works! Since I know it works and it's easy to lose weight, I think I'll have a cheat say RIGHT NOW since I know I can burn off those calories anyway"

Eats everything in sight and goes on a 3 day junk food binge.

I do this way too much.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    No.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    No.

Well why the hell not? Don't you ever feel like being a complete idiot? That's one of the best ways to do it
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Lol sounds like me this morning :laugh: but the binge wasn't intentionally :wink:
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member

I do this way too much.

You are what you eat.
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    yes -_-
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    No.

Well why the hell not? Don't you ever feel like being a complete idiot? That's one of the best ways to do it
    I generally save my complete idiocy for sports.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    I have meals where I screw up. Usually when I order dominos...
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Gets on the scale. "Oh look at that! I've been counting cals for a few days and lost a pound. Guess this counting cals thing really works! Since I know it works and it's easy to lose weight, I think I'll have a cheat say RIGHT NOW since I know I can burn off those calories anyway"

I do this way too much.

There are days I totally feel like doing this. But I have learned that it never stops at one cheat day.

Shoveling tasty food into your mouth is a pretty awesome thing though. I can't really deny that. I mean hell people get obese for a reason. We all make our choices. If you wanna live with being overweight and all the health problems that go with it the choice really is yours. And I don't mean that in a snarky way at all. I really do mean that it's ok to make that choice. If that's what it takes for you to be happy in life.

just make choices you can live with. Don't let other people tell you what you want.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    I try to eat stuff I like within my calories every day (so for example, I have a couple cookies for dessert at night - I have dessert every night). but I give myself one day a month to go a little bit crazy - I still try to track it as best as I can, and I try to stay at least close to my calories (so not wildly over), and I usually try to get in a bit more exercise that day (in June it was when I was attending a Jewelry show where I would be doing a lot more walking then normal for example - it was out of town and so I let that be my crazy day). I may not loose as much that week as I normally would, but I usually still loose something (even if it is only .5 lb). And that way I don't feel deprived of what I like - I still eat what I love most days I just eat less of it. And that way even on my crazy day I don't feel the need to go overboard.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    I try to eat stuff I like within my calories every day (so for example, I have a couple cookies for dessert at night - I have dessert every night). but I give myself one day a month to go a little bit crazy - I still try to track it as best as I can, and I try to stay at least close to my calories (so not wildly over), and I usually try to get in a bit more exercise that day (in June it was when I was attending a Jewelry show where I would be doing a lot more walking then normal for example - it was out of town and so I let that be my crazy day). I may not loose as much that week as I normally would, but I usually still loose something (even if it is only .5 lb). And that way I don't feel deprived of what I like - I still eat what I love most days I just eat less of it. And that way even on my crazy day I don't feel the need to go overboard.
    same here :)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Not all the time. Only on days I'm dumb enough to get on the scale. Up a pound? *kitten* it, might well just eat what I want. Down a pound? Yay! Time to celebrate! With a cake.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,724 Member

I do this way too much.

:laugh: I'd have to say that's why some previous weight loss successes were reversed. Oh damn I'm looking good I guess I'm done with this! But Now I'm seeing the numbers everyday. Week. Month. If I can fit the food, make no mistake I'm eating ALL of it. If not, well some changes have to be made. I'd rather eat all the food though. I mean that's some damn good stuff.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    No. Weight loss motivates me to lose more weight. And I am enjoying knowing I control my body and what I put into it. I allow myself to eat small portions of what I want if it fits into my calories for the day
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    No. Weight loss motivates me to lose more weight. And I am enjoying knowing I control my body and what I put into it. I allow myself to eat small portions of what I want if it fits into my calories for the day

This is the mindset I'm trying to get myself into, but dang it's hard sometimes!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    It can be hard, but I feel it gets easier when it is consistent.
  • Hello,

This is basically me all over ????

It gets annoying after a while, its hard to get back to the diet routine!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member

I do this way too much.

You are what you eat.

I am NOT a bagel and I certainly am not CHEESE
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Funny story...but, not really. I have too much invested in this!
  • Bless your heart, why yes I have, far too many times. Glad to know I'm not alone in this. lmao. I need to cut that *kitten* right out though for real. :) I just keep getting back on track as soon as possible (like, the next meal soon), it's a practice, and some days "fock it mode" prevails.
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Eh, I've done it. It happens. I haven't done it in a while but I definitely have said that to myself.

My self sabotage trigger is someone telling me I look thin or that I have lost weight...bring on the M&M's. Handfuls. Lots of handfuls.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Wow, it's like you read my diary. Self-saboteurs unite! :drinker:
  • Eselte
    Eselte Posts: 49
    I've done it in the past, many times. This time around I am bound and determined not to, because it didnt get me anywhere before.. except fatter. Plus I know I can have "junk" on occasion as long as it fits into my daily calorie allotment. :)
  • SuzieQNutter
    SuzieQNutter Posts: 6 Member
    I have done that in the past but no more.

Fill the house with healthy snacks. Don't buy junk food.

So now if you binge you binge healthy your body gets what it needs and it doesn't last for 3 days as you feel full.

Binge on junk food, your body is not getting what it needs and so you don't feel full and so you keep eating.
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    I kinda do this. I don't binge really just eat more than usual. I'm like, ohh yeah, down a pound, now I can eat until I gain two pounds, then diet til I lose three, then eat more again.

Of course, it would be quicker to just not do this but I keep losing weight, albeit slowly :).
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Lol, not so far! It's too much of a pain to lower my calories to lose, so I think I'll just stay happy playing in my allotted daily calories. Id rather save calories up to allow for a "binge".
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    In the past, yep. Not with calorie counting specifically, but I went through over a year of basic maintenance because every time I broke my steady weight to go lower I got happy, relaxed, and ended up back at my steady weight.