Protein Powders for Women?

Options
Hey guys, so I am looking to get a protein supplement that I can add to my morning smoothie. I want something that will keep me full and tastes good but isn't too many calories. Any ideas would be great! Thanks :)

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Beverly Brand's Ultimate Muscle Protein (UMP). It comes in a variety of flavors, I'd suggest the vanilla if you wanted to add it to a smoothie but the Cookies n Creme is yummy too!! I like UMP because it's not a whey based protein, it's lean. My trainer recommended it for me YEARS ago and I have been using it every since! You can find it at some health stores or I buy it online at www.netrition.com

Kerri
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    ISO Sensation Vanilla Bean. It is awesome and I reccomend it to all. I use it myself. You can find it at GNC. Also there is no artifical anything in it. No added sugar or artifical sweetners. 130 calories a scoop 30g of whey protein Isolete
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OoooO...BUMP for myself cause I want to come back and see what answers you get as I am looking for a good protein supplement too!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Subscribing to this thread :-)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I drink Jillian Micheals vanila whey protein. I prefer soy but mixing 1 scoop in a glass of vanilla almond milk is yummy! Perfect after workout drink, 2 scoops for meal replacement.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ISO Sensation Vanilla Bean. It is awesome and I reccomend it to all. I use it myself. You can find it at GNC. Also there is no artifical anything in it. No added sugar or artifical sweetners. 130 calories a scoop 30g of whey protein Isolete

cheaper at Popeyes ;) haha.

I go for Isoflex. Peanut butter and Chocolate or Chocolate with real chocolate chips.
  • LonnaRox
    LonnaRox Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Flavored Soy Protein Powder

It tastes great and it blends well withsoy milk, fruit, and other additions.

2 scoops = 120 calories, 25 g of protein, 1 g carb, and 1.5 g fat.

Sometimes I just have one scoop.

Good luck!
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Healthy Planet’s own brand of whey protein. $29 for 5 lbs, 123 calories, 26g protein no sugar.

Shoppers Drug Mart carries a whey protein that has calcium, it's designed for women. It’s in a bag not a bucket, check it out.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    I like UMP because it's not a whey based protein, it's lean.

Why no whey?
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    what are the benefits of using protein powders???? I thought they were largely for building muscle mass for serious weight lifters..... Can they assist with weight loss?
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    what are the benefits of using protein powders???? I thought they were largely for building muscle mass for serious weight lifters..... Can they assist with weight loss?

Protein keeps you fuller longer NOT carbs. Protein powders are used a meal replacement before the gym (i.e. running from work to the gym before dinner) or after to aid muscles in recovery.

Most of us don't get enough so this is an easy, delicious and low-calorie way to keep us full, our muscles happy and keep the excess carb fat off of us. It is ESSENTIAL for weight loss (protein that is, not necessarily a powder).

Body builders drink ENORMOUS amounts of this stuff, like 200+g a day and not whey protein which is light.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Protein is pretty important for weight loss as far as I know. When my mom was prepping for her lap-band surgery, they had her on protein drinks (like several a day) to boost her protein intake. Even post-surgery, high protein is doctor-ordered.
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!