Where are you, geek chicks?

Options

Replies

• tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    Hmm...what are my geek/nerd credentials?

Was a math/science geek in school, now I'm a pharmacist.
    Have always loved sci-fi/fantasy books and shows
    I read scientific literature for fun sometimes :P
    Never really got in to gaming myself, but enjoy watching other people.
    I love good food, and I like to knit!
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    *puts her hand up* Me me!!

Love Doctor Who, Star Trek, LOTR, Harry Potter.
    <3 Skyrim, Sims, GTA, really just about anything on my Mame emulator
    I crochet, am a graphic artist, enjoy reading and cooking. I'm sure there's heaps I've missed out, lol.

Feel free to add me :)
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    <raises hand, bounces up and down in chair>

Ooooh, oooh, me, me!

42, over 120 pounds lost so far (about 70 courtesy of this site), just over twenty left to go. Definite geek. And nerd.

Bookworm, gamer, browncoat, engineering job...

...let's see, what else? Two comic cons in the last five months, in two different cities (meh, I moved back to my hometown. The second weekend I was back was Denver Comic Con. I went. Even though I'd just been to the one in Sacramento in March). Great love of books (I think I mentioned that, but it can't be mentioned enough), languages, math, art. Not so much TV, but some. And foreign artsy films. During the summer while I was off I worked with a big art project downtown that hacked into the big advertising screens downtown to play custom-written Kinect games with passersby on Thursday and Saturday nights (which was an awesome experience). Missed Ren Fest this summer, but it's been a wild summer, to put it mildly.

I'm always up for some new nerdy and geeky friends. I tend to get busy, but I do log in every day (I missed one, ONE, just before I made it to 365 in a row, pout, but in my defense I was also moving 1200+ miles on a total whim and in a rental car and it was a crazy two days) and I try to always comment on statuses when I have something to contribute. Sometimes even when I don't, lolol.

Feel free to send me a FR (and that goes for all the other geeks and nerds and brainiacs out there), we lady geeks need to stick together :D

And good luck on your journey! It takes a lot of time, but it's totally worth it.

Edit to add: no knitting, but I do crochet (though not that well), and sewing (handy when the sizes start changing overnight!), and jewelry-making. Felt left out when I saw others brought those up, hahahaha.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! So my name is Erienne, I have like 100lbs to lose (woah) and I'm totally a geek. Star Wars fangirl to the bone. Got the ink to prove it, too.
    Also, my username.

^^^ this girl is awesome, by the way.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    If cosplay progress photos aren't enough to prove my geek cred, I don't know what is.

Open to friend requests, but please send a message along with any request.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I'm a geek and proud of it. Not only do I love fantasy movies (Labyrinth happens to be my fave), but I'm also a Trekkie (TNG is my fave series, but I like TOS, too).
  • crwm27
    crwm27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm a geek chick but I'm trying to lose about 60 lbs so I'm right there with you. I too have lost weight twice before and really need to eat healthy. I was sorta eating healthy but I was eating too much of everything and stopped walking every day like before.
    Lost 5 pounds already and just started last week.

You can do this!!
  • rebeccadradoow
    Options
    Hi, I am electronically challenged-so I can't claim to be a geek chick. However, I have 70 lbs. of recycled fat that I am working on eliminating. I have recently made some major life changes and hope to be getting a handle on cooling my love affair with the wrong foods. I would like to have a weight loss buddy to chat with!
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Meep. *waves*
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Here I am...I am Whovian:)
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Probably more of a nerd,but I tend to be pretty geeky. I'm often told that I'm weird. Does that count?
    \\\

Proud to call this ner chick my riend !!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek for several things.

I'm a gamer.
    I'm a writer and a reader of everything.
    I'm a car geek.
    I'm going to school for Network Technologies.

There's more... much more, but I am proudly a nerd, geek... whatever.
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lifelong PC gamer, RPG fan. I go through phases with games, but I enjoy Fable, Sims and EQ2. I love some sci-fi and some MLP too (I used to be pretty into a few anime series). I consider myself pretty geeky and kinda nerdy at times too.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've been called weird or strange all my life.
    'nuff said.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've been called, weird, quirky, nerdy, geeky, etc. So I guess I qualify? Add me if you'd like.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Lets see...I'm a mathematics professor. I take online statistics classes.. for fun. I play video games, watch fantasy, and can name each NFL teams starting quarterback. There is more nerdiness but I don't feel comfortable disclosing them all :bigsmile: Nerd FR are welcomed :drinker:
  • untuvainen
    untuvainen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Video games, movies, televisoin shows, sci fi, fantasy; it's all good!
    Especially loving RPGs, at the moment eagerly waiting for the next Dragon Age.
    Also quite taken with horror in any medium.
  • Nikki_1130
    Nikki_1130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    geek chick..possibley...

I love Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Sci fi, fantasy, Science, technology, neurology,
    I have a diploma in computer science lol,
    I am a gamer and play Star Trek Online mostly but my steam account has 100+ games on it, easy.
    I'm also pretty creative and like to draw, paint, sculpt, and create all sorts of things from chainmail to jewellry to origami to synthetic dreads!

oh I forgot the billions of movies I watch...
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I qualify. Hubby says I am a dork not a geek.I am the granddaughter of a sci fiction writer so sci fi is in my blood literally. Yes I prefer David Tennant to Matt Smith and am deeply concerned about Peter Capaldi. Yes I can name every movie most actors have been in like I am IMDb. But I am not a gamer and this is my first and only forum and online social group. even though my son lives on Fanfiction. I am read everything. Everything. Can't stand not knowing about things So if someone mentions something. I research and for months and sometimes years on things. I prefer Psych and Eureka to Star Trek.
    I do have 17.5 more pounds to lose? Does that get me anywhere?
    I am going to get booted from Geek Club for being too dorky . Story of my life.