what do you snack on?

Options
getting fedup of fruit, so looking for some ideas! not a fan of nuts or hummous and only eat raw carrots at a push! Help!

Replies

• christinabgsu
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal. 1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup water, dash of salt, dash of splenda, throw in a couple craisins. 125 very filling warm calories. Microwave in large bowl for 3.5 minutes.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Boiled eggs, fruit salad, chopped tomatoes, cereal bars (although be careful with this as they are often full of sugar!), crackers/ryvita and low fat cottage cheese/soft cheese...
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Fiber one multigrain bread and peanut butter. I use the jif natural
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Almonds, cheese and crackers, dark chocolate, fruit, veggies and dip made with greek yogurt instead of sour cream...low cal and zero fat
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    to my surprise, I've not felt like I needed a lot of snacks but when I do here is my go to snack list:

cucumber or baby carrots with homemade ranch dressing from greek yogurt
    hummus and crackers
    cottage cheese with fruit
    yogurt with kashi cereal
    1/2 banana
    Protein and fruit shakes
    1/2 protein bar
    100 calorie snack packs (cheez it, cookies, pretzels)
    100 cal lIttle debbie nutty bars (my fave!)
    smart popcorn mini bag
    special k 90 cal bars
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Breakstones cottage doubles, Oranges, Pickles(high in sodium but so good), and Pistacchio nuts with Craisins......:smile:
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Try plan greek yogurt like yoplait, okies, dannon PLAIN then get the powder Rach mix and Mix in 1-2 tsp into the yogurt. Great healthy veggie dip. Also try cottage cheese. I mix in salsa or avacado with a couple natraual corn chips, I do string cheese with fruit or fruit with nuts. Natrual PB with apples. I also do shakeology or ISO Sensation protein shakes for quick on the go snacks.
    I would stay away from snacks that are processed or come out of the box. You could do a small veggies salad too.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I always say eat a good combo of complex carbs and a lean protein together. THis will keep you full and satisfied longer
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My personal favourite is Hot Green Tea than 2 Quaker Rice Cakes...Calories of each is dependin' on what flavour. Don't get fooled by the 'Rice crisps' they have loads of calories startin' over at 200 per servin'...best wishes xo
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i usually have muller light yogurts just under 100 calories, velvet crunch thai sweet chilli flavour 81 cals, tracker bars for when i want a bit of chocolate they are around 130 calories i have the choc chip one, or if thats too many chewee have a choc chip bar too at 95 calories.

im quite fussy so this is all i eat on my snacks
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    fruit smoothies. 100 calorie packs of stuff. dried fruit.
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    I remember being told that the three best foods for fighting a craving are peppermint, pickles, and cayenne pepper. It is true that few things taste good after a pickle or a piece of mint gum!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i love almonds..i get the plain (no salt) and the dark chocolate flavored ones. super yummy and cures that chocolate craving for the same calories as the plain!
    also like Light string cheese
    and i get bored eating fruit too so i try new fruits all the time! anything that looks interesting! or change up how u eat it. i like a lil redi whip with my strawberries and bananas
    small bowl of special k or kashi cereal
    fruit smoothies with almond milk!
  • nevilles
    nevilles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Consider tuna fish. Very high in protein, low in calories. Of course, get the kind in water, not oil.
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There are some yummy ideas here, I plan to come back and steal a few as I am always looking for new snacks.
  • AllieWhiteley
    Options
    Smoked salmon rolls. Mmmm.
  • princess_f
    Options
    thanks, plenty of things to look into!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i love low fat string cheese :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if i have to its either fruit or salt n vinager snack a jacks! not many calories and strong in taste so you cant have more that 2/3!! :)
  • sacfrazier
    Options
    Fruit
    Greek Yogurt
    Turkey and PB rollups
    Rice Cakes
    Celery with Laughing Cow cheese
    Polly O String Cheese