Do you loose inches all over your body at a time

Options
I just measured myself after few weeks or so and I lost inches in my thighs.last time they were 40 but got down to 24.5 and 5 inches my neck but my waist is still the same.Is this normal?do you loose inches one part of your body at a time?i would love to loose fat in my thighs the most.i carry weight into my thighs and butt

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Heck no I never lose evenly all over. It's random for me. I think I just lost another inch of boob and I thought belly was finally next.

Oh well.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, the first place you put on weight will be the lase it comes off.
    Booo.
  • Chibukalu908
    Chibukalu908 Posts: 212
    Options
    Generally speaking, the first place you put on weight will be the lase it comes off.
    Booo.

ok I see.it first went into my butt
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nope...not at all. Most of mine so far has come from my legs and hips. I've just in the last week or so started noticing a difference in my tummy area.
  • charliecopley
    Options
    You can't lose weight or exercise that "spots" or "targets" one of those areas you need to lose weight.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i have mostly lost fat off my calves, which now look fit and muscular, right at and under the bra line (i've lost several inches there) and in my lower to mid thighs. i'm losing a little off the belly and upper arms, but my belly isn't doing much shrinking even though it's where i store by far the most fat. ah, well - patience sucks, but what can ya do? :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just measured myself after few weeks or so and I lost inches in my thighs.last time they were 40 but got down to 24.5 and 5 inches my neck but my waist is still the same.Is this normal?do you loose inches one part of your body at a time?i would love to loose fat in my thighs the most.i carry weight into my thighs and butt
    is that a typo? You said your thighs were 40 a few week ago but are now 24.5?
  • tnd1
    tnd1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Im loosing lbs, but no obvious inches from anywhere!!
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    My belly and thighs are being stubborn as well. I just take comfort in the thought that as long as I stick with it, I WILL eventually lose the fat in those areas. :smile:
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    i have mostly lost fat off my calves, which now look fit and muscular, right at and under the bra line (i've lost several inches there) and in my lower to mid thighs. i'm losing a little off the belly and upper arms, but my belly isn't doing much shrinking even though it's where i store by far the most fat. ah, well - patience sucks, but what can ya do? :D

very true:happy:
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    is that a typo? You said your thighs were 40 a few week ago but are now 24.5?

No its not a typo.Its been about 3 weeks give or take
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Different people store fat differently. How you LOSE it is basically a genetic predisposition. Personally I store my fat longest in the love handles and lower back (this is quite common for men). Since you cannot spot reduce fat, you must simply continue to LOSE fat in general and wait for it to come off of the areas you desire to see leaner.
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I first lose fat on my arms chest and then abdominal. My fat tends to stay on my *kitten* and thighs, it's kind of a notorious thing on my fathers side of the family that we all have particularly large thighs.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose the weight pretty evenly throughout the torso, but I have the kind of shape that stays in proportion.

One thing I have noticed. Just like the scale, measurements should be taken at the same time of day using the same measuring tape and wearing the same clothes. This is especially important for the women's bust measurement. Different bra's will give different measurements and (especially if you are older) the amount of sag if you measure without a bra will give a different measurement. People tend to kind of sag all over as the day goes on and gravity takes its toll which is why your height can be less at night but your measurements can be larger.

ETA: forgive me for being a bit of a pedant but it is LOSE weight and inches, not LOOSE. If you lose weight you may end up with loose clothes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite-- my thighs are last. I seem to lose inches from the top down.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    For me loosing is nearly impossible... ive done it before, though. I loose weight, as if I were an onion. If you take one layer off at a time. So sometime in there, will be a little lose every where except my middle. other times, the tops and bottoms have more loss. hope this hlps.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wow how did you lose 16 inches in 3 weeks?! from each thigh at that
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    in the first few months i lost 10 inches off my waist and hips and chest./back...but that's where most of my weight was.

I only lost a couple of inches off my thighs calves and upper arms too, theyre more muscle than fat.

my boobs and bottom dont lose weight because they dont seem to gain it , no *kitten* all boobs no matter how fat or thin i am :P
  • crys39
    crys39 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow how did you lose 16 inches in 3 weeks?! from each thigh at that

^^This. I'm honestly very skeptical of this...seems kinda far-fetched but if it's true I wanna know how. What on earth have you been doing?