Has anyone stopped counting calories

Options
Has anyone stopped counting calories once in maintenance and had the weight creep up again and gain it back?

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories personally, but I have seen a few people on this board who say they stopped in maintenance and couldn't do it without counting. They did experience weight creep.
  • Chibukalu908
    Chibukalu908 Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't count calories personally, but I have seen a few people on this board who say they stopped in maintenance and couldn't do it without counting. They did experience weight creep.

lucky you.So do you just watch your potion sizes??
  • gods_andmonsters
    Options
    Me. I didn't even intentionally decide to maintain, I still wanted to lose another 5 pounds but I just let my eating habits go and ended up gaining 15.

I'm still figuring out how to eat normally when I'm not counting, finding a balance has been hard for me and counting calories helps.
    I should probably just do it forever!
  • Chibukalu908
    Chibukalu908 Posts: 212
    Options
    Me. I didn't even intentionally decide to maintain, I still wanted to lose another 5 pounds but I just let my eating habits go and ended up gaining 15.

I'm still figuring out how to eat normally when I'm not counting, finding a balance has been hard for me and counting calories helps.
    I should probably just do it forever!

yes it does.it keeps us accountable and when we stop counting we end up eating more than we realize