Looking for Support

Options
My name is Jazmine and I turn 21 next month. I've been 50-60 pounds overweight most of my life. I have had some success with MFP in the past and I'm going to try to stick with it this time. I'm hoping reaching out to other people on the website to get support will make it a little easier this time.

I'm 5'7 and my current weight is 171 lbs. I'm hoping to be around 145-150.

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    What were you doing in the past to lose the weight with MFP? How many calories? Do you know what your TDEE is? If I know that, maybe I can give you some suggestions for making your lifestyle changes more sustainable this time around. :smile:
  • jeannieitzen
    Options
    I was doing sooooo good and cheated tonight on wine.......does anyone have cheat day?????
  • sashachilders18
    sashachilders18 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm turning 21 next month too, and still need to lose about 55lbs. I'm also 5'6 and always been overweight. My lowest was 160 in high school, before that I was my weight now 210 when I was 13, then I shot back up after high school. I'll add you, I'm very active and talkative and would love to keep you're spirits high!! We can do this!!
  • ciseyse
    ciseyse Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, i'm a new mom. Just turned 31, but I'd also like to lose the same amount of weight. I'm the same height as you and am currently overweight despite the breastfeeding, which is not coming to me as easily. I've been using MFP on and off for a couple months, but I have a wedding coming up on September 13 and I'd like to sustain my current weight loss of a pound a week (which is safe for me with the baby stuff). My goal is lose 10 lbs by that weekend. I'm at 190.2 today. I hit the gym 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes before or after work, and I've added a free pilates class every other week. The pilates hurt so good on my stretched out abs, lol. Let's work together to enjoy the process of losing the excess weight for life!
  • Ecb1985
    Ecb1985 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello All,
    I joined MFP a while ago and could never be consistent. I'm hoping to change that this time around. At one point in my life I was so dedicated to working out and eating healthy, I ended up losing 20lbs. I've been able to maintain my weight but would like to lose another 20lbs. I'm just hoping to find some mfp pals to keep this motivation up! My fiance joined mfp 8 weeks ago and has already lost 13lbs, I need to catch up. Lol. Also, what is an ideal intake for fat when trying to lose weight? My recommendation is 40g which sounds like a lot.
  • mrschartley
    mrschartley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is off subject but how do you get the weight tracker on your page?
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I was doing sooooo good and cheated tonight on wine.......does anyone have cheat day?????

If I want wine, I fit wine into my calorie allotment for the day. Every so often (like this weekend) I eat over my calorie goal, but I don't call it "cheating;" it's just a part of life. It's unrealistic, in my opinion, to never exceed your calorie goal for the rest of your life.