keep changing goals

eleanoreb
eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Good morning MFP people :)

I have been finding that as I approach or reach my goals, i keep making my goals harder. I started out thinking I should lose 5-10 pounds, but now i just want to keep going and going..

Maybe because I see its attainable, and don't want to settle for mediocre? I'm not sure

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Replies

• harrysdiner
    harrysdiner Posts: 10 Member
    I did the same thing! Before I even reached my first goal I cjhanged it and now that AI reached the second goal I've changed it AGAIN! But it is coming off slowly.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Well do what it take to be happy. Just be carefull you do not have body dysmorphia where you do not know where to stop.

Good luck
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    I started with a 20lbs loss a year ago: at my age I figured I'd be happy with that. But as I got closer, like you, I realized how far I'd come, not only "losing" the fat, but building muscle, toning & firming & the possibility of fitting into my old size 9 pants seemed attainable instead of downright impossible. So here I am, working on my last 10 (I think I've lost another 2 but waiting for TOM to be over to confirm) and I'm in my size 9's and can almost fit into size 7 (which I haven't been able to since I was 10 & I'm 35 now :happy: !!).

I'm happy with myself now - I know how far I've come, but I also know how far I would like to go & what I really would like since it is possible, I just have to "work" for it :wink: I don't want to be "skinny" since I would look sick: I want to be toned, firm & strong - which I am half way there now!

Good Luck on your Journey - you're not alone :flowerforyou:
  • eleanoreb
    thanks for sharing!!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Set a goal that's attainable. Maintain that for a while and see how you feel and if you can maintain it. Losing weight is half the battle, maintaining it is the other half (and I feel it's more difficult of the two). If you can reach a goal of 120 (for example) are you able to maintain that weight and feel like you are still "living". You need to be healthy in body, mind and spirit. I wish you luck.:wink:
  • eleanoreb
    yeh im still a ways away from that!! haha thanks :) and eys i agree maintaining will be hard.. you think you have so many more calories and then bam..easy to slip into bad habits
This discussion has been closed.