Help me out?

Options
Hi
I'm Savannah and I just recently decided that I need to get my health and weight on track and I am not sure where to start. I have read forums and google (of course) but it would be nice to hear from your experiences.
I am currently 268 lbs and I am only 5'2 (I know a embarrassing). A few days ago I started walking again and I feel better than ever. I do 30-35 minutes a day and at least 2 miles.
It's a start and a huge step from sitting on my bed all day. I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers and how to lose weight successfully and healthy and what I should expect during my weight loss journey.
Thank you!!!

Replies

• jcard42
    jcard42 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been in cardiac rehab for 5 weeks now and have had no weight loss whatsoever. i started tracking what I eat using this program and am totally surprised that by watching what i am eating and writing it down it shows me just how much carbs I am burning and what my caloric intake is. My advice would be to follow the meal plans and try to stay your daily calorie intake.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THE FAITH
  • angiepangie43
    angiepangie43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have loss about 70 pounds so far by using MFP, exercising just about everyday and following a low carb diet. The best advice I can give you is to keep it up. Even when you fill defeated because you may have over did it on a cheat day. Don't give up. Also, reward yourself. I reward myself with cheat days sometimes. But mostly when I reach my goal for a month, I go shopping. :smile:
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't feel embarrassed!! I'm 5.6 and my highest was 283. So there! LOL. Everyone has to start somewhere and you will find many people here of various sizes. Exercising is a great start. Good job! Just be sure you log every single thing daily. I get on 3 or 4 times a day and add food in. Otherwise I'll forget something and it really does make all the difference! If you need encouragement read the success stories. They're awesome!
  • Vupe
    Vupe Posts: 80
    Options
    Hey, I understand what it is like to feel embarrassed about weight. You made a great step at walking 2 miles. If you want, you can ad me and we can track together. I am recovering from a foot injury and slowly getting more time on my treadmill. I use Ifit live but still upload here to keep track with everything I eat.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed. This is a site meant to give encouragement and help. Not judging on your weight. We all have that struggle or we wouldn't be here. I think its awesome that you started walking. There are lots of helpful wonderful people on this site who can help. I really try not to have a lot of cheat days. I log everything I eat and I stick to it. On most days I try and eat and go over my fiber and try to make sure I get in plenty of protein. Good luck feel free to add me.
  • mrschartley
    mrschartley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A great way to start is using the myfitnesspal.com. It amazed me to see what I eat and how many calories I am taking in each day. It really makes me think about what I am eating and if a certain food is worth it. It is hard and you can get discouraged but just take it one day at a time and if you have a slip up just keep trying. We all have slip ups and have times that we cheat. I have doing my fitness pal for a little while and I am seeing changes and feeling better about myself. I am 5'2" and weigh 199, so I am not a skinny girl giving you this advice. Best of luck to you and you can add me as a friend if you would like. :smile:
  • savvybaby36
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouragement and advice!
    I was expecting much positivity from a forum<3
    It's really motivating.