Lower cal "whipped cream"

sweetsluver
sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
I got this from the Cooking Light Magazine. Less caloric and better food value that real whipped cream.
You could also use a sugar substitute to further reduce the calories and carbs. I may also try it with non-fat Greek yogurt.
I prepared it in a blender. It is yummy on berries.

Combine 1/3 C of heavy whipping cream, 1/2 C of 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt, and 2 Tbl sugar in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.

This version:
19.5 calories, 1.1g sat fat
Traditional:
31 calories, 2.1 g sat fat
per Tbl.

Enjoy!

Replies

• JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Nice! Thanks for the idea :happy:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    thanks for sharing! I often mix plain greek yogurt with splenda and top it over blueberries and/or strawberries.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Thanks. I have been making a lot of low sugar chilled puddings using sugar free Jello pudding and pie filling with lite cool whip, and frozen pies using sugar free jello with lite cool whip and yoplait lite yogurt. This should make them even lower in calories.

This is my low sugar peach pie, served with mixed fruit. The recipe is sugar free peach jello, 1/4 cup water, 12 oz peach yoplait lite yogurt, 8 oz lite cool whip.

1013593_724852020893257_4939150442030816833_n.jpg
  • sweetsluver
    sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
    Looks delish, I will try it. Just got peaches today. Thx.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Looks delish, I will try it. Just got peaches today. Thx.

I have mixed fruit in with the pie before freezing, but it takes longer to thaw than the pie. Now I just serve it with it.

If you enjoy food pictures, I post a picture of my supper every night at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1334831-what-s-for-supper?page=6. There are a lot of good recipes on there to.

Larro