GNC Lean Shake 25

Options
Hi there, just thought I would post my thoughts on the GNC Lean Shake 25 incase anyone was looking to try it out. I just got the Lean Shakes from GNC last Tuesday and I got the Chocolate Swiss 25 and Mixed Berry 25 and have been drinking one for breakfast and one for lunch for the last 3 days. I also eat a small mid morning and mid afternoon snack for example things like dry roasted almonds, sugar free jello, and then had a sensible dinner for example things like fish, chicken, subway sandwich and of course veggies and my favorite, sweet potato fries :) I have been walking for at least an hour each day and so far I have lost 3 pounds I really love the chocolate swiss and the Mixed Berry is pretty good also and I mix them both with 4 oz skim milk and 6 oz of very cold water which makes the shake worth about 250 calories and it seems to keep me full for at least 4 hours! I am planning on doing this for the next 3 weeks and see where I am with my weight and then see where I feel like I need to go from there!! These are great shakes and I am pleased with how they taste and am thinking of trying the banana one and getting the vanilla so I can add fruit to it and I know that there are a lot of other recipes out there that are for the Lean Shake to mix it up a bit.

Replies

• brooks850
    brooks850 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I've started using Syntha Six chocolate flavor with 4 ounces of water alone, shaken with a shaker bottle, and it's remarkably good tasting!
  • kmalcolm12
    kmalcolm12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! I just got the shakes yesterday. Added Peanut butter to the chocolate and tasted like a reeses cup! YUM! Hopefully they can help me shed at least five pounds
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    I LOVE Peanut Butter :love: How much did you add and did you just add it to a normal serving of the Lean Shake?

Thanks for the motivation! I just got the shakes yesterday. Added Peanut butter to the chocolate and tasted like a reeses cup! YUM! Hopefully they can help me shed at least five pounds
  • Kimberz6
    Kimberz6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I bought the powder version which I love but I just don't always have time to make them. Yesterday I finally got some of the ready to drink. Anyone have some ideas I could add to the vanilla powder. Its the only flavor so far I am not fond of. I have tried adding berries but it still does nothing for me.
  • Shawnette97
    Shawnette97 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found this link on another board a few days ago. Thought I would share it. I bought the GNC French Vanilla Lean Shake this morning. So far its ok. I was using the EAS Myoplex Chocolate before and figured I try this.
    i figured some people on here would love to have these recipes! So here ya go!

http://fatlossschool.com/76-protein-shake-recipes/#vanilla
  • dommineque
    Options
    I just wanted to share how I make my gnc lean shake. It tastes really really good; I think. If you're a chocolate lover, this is for you! :)
    10 oz of Light Silk chocolate soy milk, 2 scoops of lean shake, and 1/2 a tbsp of espresso. Sooo yummy. :)
  • JEYORK2005
    JEYORK2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    I am trying the banana 25 right now and I LOVE it!!!!! I've been having a shake for breakfast and lunch with a mid morning snack (banana or greek yogurt) and a mid-afternoon snack (peanut butter crackers or dried fruit) with a sensible dinner. I am not a big meat eater so this has been a great way for me to get protein. I feel full longer and I have more energy. So far, I am impressed!
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oooo thanks for these tips, i love trying new types of protein so i'll have to give this a go!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I used the total lean kit....it comes with a meal plan and doesn't use the shakes as a meal replacement. You're supposed to eat things along with drink the shake. Just my two cents. I lost about 10lbs from it and kept it off
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I keep lean shakes handy for after a workout, they have lots of protein taste alot better then whey powder :-)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I drink the rich chocolate 25 every morning for breakfast. I have a regular lunch however; I've always had trouble eating breakfast, so this is a great replacement for me!! I've been drinking it for a couple of months now, and like it just fine with plain water and some crushed ice to make it really cold. I've lost 13 lbs in less than two months eating at 20% TDEE, so I'm obviously doing something right!!
  • EKfitness10
    Options
    I like the ones ready to go, they're easy to take to work or keep in my bag while i'm out. I personally like the swiss chocolate and strawberry. Yesterday i bought the vanilla bean flavor but have yet to try it i hope they're as yummy as the others.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I bought the powder version which I love but I just don't always have time to make them. Yesterday I finally got some of the ready to drink. Anyone have some ideas I could add to the vanilla powder. Its the only flavor so far I am not fond of. I have tried adding berries but it still does nothing for me.

I'm using a different brand of shake and found their vanilla also to be a little off putting when just mixed alone. I mainly use OJ and about 5 or 6 frozen strawberries. i've also mixed it with dark chocolate almond milk and it was pretty ok. I think my favorite is 8oz OJ and 70 grams each of frozen blueberries and pineapple.
  • trecey31
    trecey31 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi i just purchased the french vanilla lean shake 25 yesterday and I'm looking to use it as a meal replacement so that I can accerlerate my weight loss. I have never used this before nor have I ever done any kind of meal replacement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks
  • babbsisthebest
    babbsisthebest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use a mixing ball and this works really well. Mix it first thing in the morning, put it in the freezer while I get ready for work and drink it on the way to work. Taste really good. We'll see how it works. Just started using it.