Any Meal Preppers out there?

Options
Its Sunday and for me Sundays is usually my prep day for the week! i work full time and go to school so i feel this keeps me from reaching for unhealthy foods during the week! it keeps me on track and i save plenty of time during the week!! Just curious if more people do this and how it works for them! love hearing posotive results from others! Do you have any other tricks, im always up for trying new things that will maximize my gains! Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I should be shopping/prepping today. I've lost 52 lbs, have 4 kids, 2 cats, a husband and go to school full-time. However... I have 7 tests.exams in the next 15 days, so all I am doing today is studying! I am on a mental health break right now, lol, since for some reason I woke up at 6:15am today and already have 3hrs of studying down. If I get too overwhelmed, I will go to the grocery store.
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    I meal prep once a week. I love it. Saves so much time during the week. I cook up three pounds of hamburger a week for stir fry. I also cut up two different types of veggies for the stir fry and keep them in separate containers. This week is squash and celery but I did buy some mushrooms too. Then I have about 3 cups of brown rice cut for the fry too. Then I cook up a white meat (enough for a week) like turkey breast or chicken how ever I want it and put that in a container too. I made hummus and have that in individual containers so I already know the serving size and can just grab and go. This week I had pre-baked 4 sweet potato and cut up some fruit that I also put in containers. I use the vegetable saving containers (they are green) so the produce and fruits stay fresh. I go on Pinterest and search bulk cooking (for clean eating because that is what I am doing) and then that's where I get my ideas what to cook for the next week.

I hope this helps :)