Stuck at 133 pounds...

Options
Hi guys.. So I've been on here for a few months but haven't really been updating that often. I started mid to upper 130s.. My weight generally fluctuates between 125-135. I weigh 133 now and would love to lose the last 5-7 pounds to weigh 127ish. I'm 5'9 and solid muscle.. I work out, I eat healthy. I'm not sure why it isn't coming off. I'm an athlete and every online calculator and doctor says I should eat 2400 calories NET to maintain.. So I've been getting 2000 net to lose and it seems to be working but then I'll drink a lot p water or eat dessert and my weight is back to 132-133 again :cry: I don't know what to think. I have always felt healthiest and best at 127-128. So I would have 5 pounds to lose. What can I do to lose them healthily? I'm 5'9 by the way, so I know I'm on the skinnier side..

Replies

• mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You are at a great weight and very fit so why are you aiming for the bottom of normal. You don't want to hear this but you are a woman now and when you were younger you were still a teenager and therefore not fully grown yet. I would say keep toning and staying fit and let how you feel be your guide, not the scale. Good job at being solid muscle and make that your goal.
  • OnTheGround
    Options
    Were you solid muscle when you were previously that low, though?

As much as it sounds like a broken record, I might try tossing the scale for a month or two and continuing w/ your work outs and eat clean and just go by measurements and clothes. I know I was a stuck for a long time, but when I started putting on more muscle, my waist went down, my clothes fit better, but my weight didn't really change. It can happen.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you are solid muscle, where are you expecting weight loss to come from? Most people who are at a healthy weight are looking to lose fat and retain muscle - if you don't have any fat to lose, I'm not sure how you think this weight loss is going to happen, unless you are looking to lose muscle.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If you're solid muscle, you're stuck at a meaningless number on the scale, not a weight. If I were solid muscle, I would toss the scale and enjoy it.