Ladies: Full beard, goatee, clean shave??

Options

Replies

• riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    stubble/closely trimmed.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This lady prefers clean shaven. Goatee if facial hair must be present, but closely trimmed.

Stache's and beards can be smelly and just look dated to me. Just not a fan.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    100% clean shaven
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Depends on the dude. Sorry that answer sucked but it's the truth :-p

I agree with this.

My husband has a beard and mustache but it's kept trimmed very close. I love it. It is very sexy!

Clean shaven is fine. Goatees can be okay too depending on the guy.

Really sparse goatees = gross to me.
    Huge thick long Duck Dynasty beards = extra gross to me.
  • MikeLAdams
    MikeLAdams Posts: 40
    Options
    I read a study that found that American women prefer light stubble first, followed by clean shave second. This agrees with every chick I spoke to about my goatee (they all hated goatees), so I shaved it off.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Definitely full, bushy beard. No "beard burn" when you smooch and it makes it easier to pull him over by the beard and give him a big sloppy kiss!! In retirement, hubby is becoming somewhat ZZ Top and I love it!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    personally, I like clean shaven or a bit of stubble on a man.
  • Thats_malarky
    Options
    All
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options

No this is pretty right on.

yep, this. depends on the guy. some guys look super hot with stubble, some guys its patchy and they look better clean shaven.

if you want our preference on your personal face...post photos!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I really hate goatees--they look evil or like the guy has some kind of growth on his chin. My hubby has a full beard and I've gotten used to it but I really preferred that he just have a mustache (which I prefer on all men). After a mustache-only, I prefer clean-shaven and then full beard after that. The one exception I make is that, when a guy is bald, I prefer a NEAT full beard (hubby has a full head of hair so I would rather he just had the mustache).
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

also this. some men just look odd with facial hair, others can make it work very well.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Clean shaven
  • sashachilders18
    sashachilders18 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I personally like a stubble or 3'o clock shadow lol
  • drunkbambi
    drunkbambi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    clean shave or a maintained stubble. but i want my husband to start growing an epic beard once he hits like 60 :P
  • ALittleHazey
    Options
    Damn and I thought I was being a rebel rocking my full beard at 24, judging by the responses of the ladies in their 20s im nothing but a hipster :(
  • fdagasdgfasdgsda
    fdagasdgfasdgsda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My problem is I don't have the patience to keep anything for longer than a month or two, then I have to change!

Thanks for the responses!

Get the patience. After growing my handlebar for two years without trimming and seeing the potential I found that I never knew what I looked like with a beard. In highschool my growth area was very small. I could only manage a chinstrap. I am almost 7 months into my initial Yeard journey and have found a full beard to be quite nice. I could go on and on about the advantages over clean shaven, but this is not the place for it.

Set yourself a small goal. 3 months is about the time it takes to establish your genetic "full" growing area without trimming. Let the beard and stache go. Don't hide it, don't be ashamed of it. Just try it.
  • ALittleHazey
    Options
    Set yourself a small goal. 3 months is about the time it takes to establish your genetic "full" growing area without trimming. Let the beard and stache go. Don't hide it, don't be ashamed of it. Just try it.

This, I always assumed i just couldn't grow a stache to complete my beard, because id only let it go for 2-3 weeks before deciding it was too sparse/whispy.

2 months later and my lip looks more like johhny depps(wishful thinking?), and less like a 14 year old asian boys(mild racism?).
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Clean shave