Running & 30 Day Shred

Options
I am running ~2 miles per day and have ordered the 30 Day Shred DVD from the internet. Could I do both or will it kill me? I used to be fairly fit but having just finished a LOT of exams I have really let it go. I'm 5'8" and weigh 139lbs. I guess I'd like to get down to ~125lbs eventually, but what is more important to me is feeling comfortable in my own skin. I'm wondering if this is a good way to tone up and lose some fat? Thanks.

Replies

• benzenerings
    Options
    Bump. Sorry to be a pain.
  • melnearf919
    melnearf919 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 on the 30 day shred( I get mine off you tube) and I run two miles every other day. I didn't think I could handle it either, but so far it's going great! Good luck
  • isthisolivia
    isthisolivia Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, i do both. Totally doable. I tend to run early in the morning every other day and do whatever JM stuff in the afternoon/end of day 6 days a week. The HIIT style/3-2-1 stuff definitely has helped my endurance in running. Highly recommend it!
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I jog 5 miles 2-3 days a week. I did it today and then rested 45 minutes before going on with Day 20 of the 30 days shred. I was doing the run in conjunction with Insanity, but I took a small break from that. I ran my first 5K a few months ago and I enjoyed it so I continue to do it to keep my pace. But yes it's very do-able. I like to rest a little in between so I can keep the pace with them on the DVD. Good luck!
  • LadiCamille
    LadiCamille Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im going to start next month when im done with my current program. I will do it 6 weeks working 5 days a week on 30DS, eachlevel for 2 weeks monday~Friday, and c25k 3xs a week. Im super excited.