Looking for honest opinion....

Options
Like most people I have body perspective issues. I have no idea if what I see in the mirror is anywhere near accurate. So I thought, who better to get honest opinions from, than random strangers.

I would like to know if this bathing suit is flattering or not, so please comment "Flattering" or "Unflattering." Instructive criticism such as "bottoms are too small" is encouraged, but destructive criticism is not (aka don't be a mean *kitten* about it). Thanks!

20140712_222811_zps91e93afc.jpg

20140712_222740_zps2944754a.jpg

20140712_222712_zps2a269db7.jpg

Replies

• Kayla_Ann_20
    Options
    The color looks great. The top is ADORABLE and very flattering. The bottoms do look a little snug though.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Top looks great.
    You need a fuller cut bottom. The bottom is not flattering at all.

You are SO tiny right above your belly bottom - you have a nice hourglass figure.
    Those look like junior bottoms. Those don't look good on most people unless you have a totally flat stomach.

Look for a bottom that comes up to about 1" below your belly button. Let me see if I can find a way to post pictures of my bikinis because we're built quite similarly and I avoid bottoms like that like the plague.

Top looks FANTASTIC and your body looks great overall - just lose those bottoms. They aren't working for ya! :)
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The top is very cute. The color looks great. The bottoms are too small. A size up and it will look GREAT! :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Unflattering

I dont think the color is great on you, I think with your skin tone a darker or warmer color would look better as your kinda pale (like myself, I do better with bright colors not pastels.)

The top looks fine, but the bottoms dig in in the wrong places, thats just the cut of it, Id try to find a bottom with a wider waist band that doesnt tie on the sides.
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I, too, think the top is perfect but the bottoms are small.

Side note: I love that color for swim suits.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The bottoms look too tight. Go up a size and you'll feel and look more comfortable. Nice color, too!
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great, so please don't think that your body is the issue. It's just this suit bottom isn't the best for you. That being said, in this suit you would still look better than many of the people I see at the pool.
  • DanaHerro
    Options
    Ok here are the 3 that I'm sporting this summer (and the very first time in my life I've EVER worn a 2 piece)
    All fuller cut bottoms!!!
    I do not agree that a size up on the bottoms will work for you - they're simply too low of a rise for your shape.

Try something like these:

Bikini2_zps06bc6a5a.jpg
    Bikini3_zps58bf2ccb.jpg
    Bikini1_zps3fc57f24.jpg

The bottoms are Anne Cole Brand, La Blanca brand, and Catalina Brand (from Walmart) if you need help shopping :)
  • Arclight306
    Arclight306 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bottom bikini is too tight so its causing your skin to look pinched. It is making it look like you may have more weight above the bottom then you really do. Suggestion is to either loosen the string a bit or see if you can get a bottom that is wider on the sides.

The top ties do not look as tight so they are not causing as dramatic of a sculpture change like is what is happening in the bottom.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think you look just fine. Don't forget, a tan always helps, I look a lot better tanned than pale!
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Unflattering.

I agree with the people who said that the cut of those bottoms doesn't work for you. One size might not help that much (and trying to compensate for an unflattering cut with bottoms that then turn out to be too big isn't a great idea - been there...). I'd also go for a different colour, something less pale.
  • bam2093
    bam2093 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into getting a better cut bottom. The problem is trying to find one that won't fall off if I dive into the pool, jump waves, or swim laps, but also doesn't cut into my fat giving me a "muffin top."

DanaHerro - I LOVE your suits! You look great!! I'm definitely going to look into buying bottoms like that :) Thank you!
  • DanaHerro
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into getting a better cut bottom. The problem is trying to find one that won't fall off if I dive into the pool, jump waves, or swim laps, but also doesn't cut into my fat giving me a "muffin top."

DanaHerro - I LOVE your suits! You look great!! I'm definitely going to look into buying bottoms like that :) Thank you!

Hey no problem! You've got a GREAT shape there, just need to pick the right suit to flatter it. Killer curves like you have require that your top of your bottom band be right below where you are the smallest so that you show off that hourglass you've got there :)

I've had some good luck finding the Anne Cole suits at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. They are normally like $100/suits but I've found them for $24.99 there - I've also had GREAT luck finding the fuller cut bottoms on eBay of all places!!

Look into the foldover styles as well - they offer you more coverage but are a bit more customizable so that you can have them hit in the right spot.

AVOID bikinis at Target - they're ALL horrible for our hourglass shape. Victoria's Secret ones are also pretty bad - just too low of a rise.

Good luck and happy shopping!!!!
  • DanaHerro
    Options
    Oh, and here are two other options for you. I own both of these.

One piece suits, but INCREDIBLY FREAKING SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hate hate hate "mom tankinis" and refuse to wear them. I feel hot as hell in both of them even though they're 1 pieces!

Robin Piccone's Penelope Swimsuit:
    _8456232.jpg

And Miraclesuit's Jena Swimsuit:
    shine-on-jena-miraclesuit-big.jpg
  • Front_Runner
    Front_Runner Posts: 175
    Options

You MIGHT check Title Nine for bottoms? I got an email from them - they're having a sale & I've had pretty good luck with their suits! Loving that top & I also totally give ya a "high five" for putting yourself out there & asking for honest feedback! That takes courage, girl! Well done & you're looking great. Happy Summer!!!
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Top looks great.
    You need a fuller cut bottom. The bottom is not flattering at all.

You are SO tiny right above your belly bottom - you have a nice hourglass figure.
    Those look like junior bottoms. Those don't look good on most people unless you have a totally flat stomach.

Look for a bottom that comes up to about 1" below your belly button. Let me see if I can find a way to post pictures of my bikinis because we're built quite similarly and I avoid bottoms like that like the plague.

Top looks FANTASTIC and your body looks great overall - just lose those bottoms. They aren't working for ya! :)

+1 You look great btw! You can be proud of what you see in the mirror.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Oh, and here are two other options for you. I own both of these.

One piece suits, but INCREDIBLY FREAKING SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hate hate hate "mom tankinis" and refuse to wear them. I feel hot as hell in both of them even though they're 1 pieces!

Robin Piccone's Penelope Swimsuit:
    _8456232.jpg

And Miraclesuit's Jena Swimsuit:
    shine-on-jena-miraclesuit-big.jpg

Someone posted that first suit on another forum I'm on and I am obsessed. The only reason I didn't buy it was because I am pregnant. I also don't usually do a one piece but that suit is gorgeous.

OP - others have answered so I won't bother. I also have the same problem with bottoms that tie. Going a size up is too big in the bum for me but the ties seem to cut in.
  • DanaHerro
    Options

Someone posted that first suit on another forum I'm on and I am obsessed. The only reason I didn't buy it was because I am pregnant. I also don't usually do a one piece but that suit is gorgeous.

OP - others have answered so I won't bother. I also have the same problem with bottoms that tie. Going a size up is too big in the bum for me but the ties seem to cut in.

You can find it on eBay SO much cheaper than dept store sites!!!! BUY IT!!!! IT'S HAWT!!!! :)
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like the top. The bottoms are a little too small. I think a different style may be more flattering. Maybe one without the ties, or thicker ties. I know the smaller ties on the side look awful on me and I have to go with thicker strings.
  • misticmay
    misticmay Posts: 15
    Options
    I like the top and the color, like some others said, the bottom isn't the greatest.