Slow But Steady Wins The Race

Options
2»

Replies

• DolleyM
    DolleyM Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I think slow and steady is the only way for me make lifestyle changes, and not just changes to quickly lose weight. I started this by making one change at a time. I began with logging all my food, and a week later I started exercising. And I started exercising slow, I began at only a 10 minute walk to start. I now walk at least 45 minutes a day, and actually enjoy it. I feel the difference these little changes have made. I still have a long way to go, but I am on my way. Thank you for this wonderful post.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    beautifully said. I am joining you as a turtle too. I am almost 65 and have lost thousands of pounds over the years as a jackrabbit. I made a decision this week, that I will either be a turtle and keep it off or accept that for the rest of my life, my current weight will be my rest of my life weight. I am sooooooo very tired of losing and gaining. Thank you for inspiring and uplifting me today. And thank you for being the role model I need in my life today. Dyanna
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I came to the forums after not using them for quite a while, searching for help or inspiration for my plateau and found this post. Thank you for your story and inspiration! I am a jackrabbit learning to be a tortoise. I lost 50lbs already, although I was 175lbs and it was easy. Now I'm at a plateau and I'm trying to break through it, but I think the most important thing is patience. I lost 50lbs in 8 months--its not nothing! I plan to lose 50-75 lbs more, but it'll be easier if I go slowly and be patient with the process. Thank you again!