30+ lbs lost...Comparison Pics

Options
megaen29
megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
So I started losing weight back on January 30th of this year. My starting weight was 181.8lbs. Technically classified as just into the obese category. I've known for years I had a love of running and used to do it for fun or as stress relief. Finally this year I've really stared using it to my advantage, and combined with better eating I have lost over 30lbs and am down to 149 lbs, which is just into the healthy weight category.

I've attached two pictures. The first one is from October 6th of last year after completing the 5km ColorMeRad race. The second pic is from yesterday (July 19th 2014) about to complete the Warrior Dash obstacle course.

I knew I had lost weight but until I put these two pictures side by side I didn't realize how much progress I have accomplished. I can even tell by the way I am standing, my confidence is through the roof now!

ColorMeRad October 6, 2013 (180ish lbs)
2zpqump.jpg

Warrior Dash July 19, 2014 (149 lbs)
zv4iuh.jpg

Replies

• healthy_jessx3
    healthy_jessx3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your awesome girl! Definitly a good motivator and BIG inspiration, ive started my weightloss journey in April and up until now ive lost 14 pounds. Id love to lose about 20-25 more.
  • megaen29
    Options
    Thanks so much! Great job with your progress.
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • CarriesCalories
    CarriesCalories Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Just the inspiration I need, I'm at the beginning.
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    Impressive! Just the inspiration I need, I'm at the beginning.

I agree! I'm also in the beginning and my starting weight is also 180. You are an inspiration and just looking at your progress makes me want to push more :) Congratulations!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • megaen29
    Options
    Thanks guys! Such encouraging words make me want to keep going :) It's a tough journey but we can all make it there!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud, congrats!
  • joyceross1016
    Options
    Thank you your amazing. Keep up the great work. Such an inspiration. I hope to be doing the same with my pics here in six months to a year. My dream is to do the cross country bike Athlon this time next year.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look great and full of energy. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are so right, you are standing strong now.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you look so fit! great job.
  • rrford
    rrford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have just motivated me!! You're pictures look exactly like what I picture I would look like with a 30+ lb weight loss. We are built the same. How tall are you? I"m 5'6'.
    My problem is consistency. I can do good for a few days then back slide because I'm so hungry. Especially at night. Any thoughts on how to push through that?
  • megaen29
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've never thought of myself as an inspiration and motivation!
  • megaen29
    Options
    You have just motivated me!! You're pictures look exactly like what I picture I would look like with a 30+ lb weight loss. We are built the same. How tall are you? I"m 5'6'.
    My problem is consistency. I can do good for a few days then back slide because I'm so hungry. Especially at night. Any thoughts on how to push through that?

I'm 5'5" so pretty much the same height. My key is a little cheat every day. Food is definitely my biggest problem. I've always been active but food just started taking over and I'm the same as you. I was such a night eater!

I have a few squares of really good chocolate (I buy a $3 chocolate bar every week and eat a little each day) and another snack. Weight lifting has been great for me too. Its reshaped my body and I was losing about an 1" off my waist every three weeks! Its also great for building muscle for faster running times as well :)

Most important though, you have to really want it! I started and failed so many times through the years. This time I'm going for it.
  • megaen29
    Options
    Thank you your amazing. Keep up the great work. Such an inspiration. I hope to be doing the same with my pics here in six months to a year. My dream is to do the cross country bike Athlon this time next year.

Thanks so much! I have no doubt you'll be doing the same in six months. You can totally achieve that dream. I'm hoping to be able to complete a marathon next year (high hopes lol) Good luck with your training!!
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Awesome job! Looking great. Like you have turned into a different person.
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Solid job! Also, that Popeye t-shirt is totally killer and I want one :-D
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Eliza took the words outta my mouth - you look so FIT! and full of energy. keep up the great work. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!