Size 14 to size 2 :)

Options

Replies

• Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I didn't initially want to respond to this post because I didn't want to fuel the negativity/"haters" haha.

But I'm going to respond because I do want to give hope to those of you who are struggling like I was, and I want you guys to know it IS possible.

First of all, while not easy, losing 10 pounds a month is possible, considering weight loss is all a mathematical equation. It works out to about 2.5 pounds a week.

How I did it:

1) I cut out sugar and non-vegetable carbohydrates as much as possible
    2) exercised (cardio) 6x a week for an hour. This was moderate intensity exercise (cardio classes at the gym or elliptical at level 10/11)
    3) limited calorie intake to 1200 calories daily

It's actually fairly simple.

And there you go.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weighed around 125 in my twenties. That was just my weight with no attention required. I was healthy and fine. So, hopefully the OP is fine, too.
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think the negativity is just a reaction to the reality that often on MFP, posts such as OP's show up and are followed by a sales pitch for some lame weight-loss product. This post had all the warning signs: no pics, new member, extreme weight loss. However, seems it is legit so we can all chill out.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I keep congratulating people I believe.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I think the negativity is just a reaction to the reality that often on MFP, posts such as OP's show up and are followed by a sales pitch for some lame weight-loss product. This post had all the warning signs: no pics, new member, extreme weight loss. However, seems it is legit so we can all chill out.

I thought that too. Would really like to see some pictures still - they're the most motivational things about these posts for other members, after all. You can always blur out your face if you are worried you will be identified.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This amount of weight lost with 1200 and 6 cardios per week is a killer. IMO OP lost tons of lean weight and had quite miserable time. Most of us fight here for " happily ever after" and healthy ever after. Gosh I imagine how many stones I ll get for this post, but IMO and I have the right to express it .
    Prolly this why we don't get to see pics - skinny fat type ..
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!! Yay!! That's the best feeling ever! You are an inspiration!! I remember when I was fit 3 years ago and it's the best feeling ever!! I have 55 pounds to lose and I just love your story!! Keep it up and enjoy the freedom!! I am 45 and I have knee problems because I am a short woman and 55 pounds is a lot for me!! I can't wait to see the pounds come off and feel healthy again!! I am so proud of you :)) What a great success! I can do it too!! I would love to be a size 4 or 3 again! Awesome job!! Don't ever look back and never listen to negative comments! You rule lady!! You just focus on that freedom and success! No one can change that! Negative comments don't help. So good for you!!
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OP and anyone else ... with the cardio you did/ still currently do, do you lift weights? and with eating 1200 calories a day, do you eat back your calories burned? are you happy with your body composition? Is being " skinny" what you wanted to be when you we're a size 14.

I also just feel bad for those people out there, that think 1200 calories a day is sustainable after they reach their " goal weight".

but seems that these types of posts people don't care are all " woo hoo" and "way to go" on getting skinny.. and not " holy batman look at how fit/healthy/ the person got".
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This amount of weight lost with 1200 and 6 cardios per week is a killer. IMO OP lost tons of lean weight and had quite miserable time. Most of us fight here for " happily ever after" and healthy ever after. Gosh I imagine how many stones I ll get for this post, but IMO and I have the right to express it .
    Prolly this why we don't get to see pics - skinny fat type ..

yeaa all that cardio and no weights. yeeeesh.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and would NEVER want to weigh 120 lbs. That's gotta be really skinny! But hats off to ya!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You did get thin. I know this because 5'7 can be 153 pounds to 121 pounds. You are model thin. I'm happy you feel so very good about your current weight. We all need to be comfortable. I'm 5'7 too. Me personally, I don't want to go below 145 pounds.
  • loriebahde
    loriebahde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i would love to know how and to see pics. i started at 170 and want to get to 130 maybe a little less just not sure yet. i want to know what worked for you.
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I came for pics of this epic weight loss and am now disappoint.
  • loriebahde
    loriebahde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    after reading some of these nasty comments i was upset for this person. they have worked hard and shared their success with all of us in order to help to encourage us. then nasty haters come along and post hateful things. if you do not like her story, then don't . she has set her mind to this and got it done quicker then most of us. good for her. 120 pounds is perfect for someone her height. my mother taught me that if you don't have something nice or encouraging to say then keep your mouth shout.... i would suggest that to some of the people that are being ugly and jealous.
  • stardiamond29
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! good job for you!!!!
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It is not mandatory to post a pic of yourself, before, after, as is, then, now or whatever.... Many on MFP post eyes, leg, cats, dogs, arms, lips, you name it. I do think we want the woohoo factor to see before and after pics but who cares. Weight of is weight off.
    Congrats on you weight loss.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    after reading some of these nasty comments i was upset for this person. they have worked hard and shared their success with all of us in order to help to encourage us. then nasty haters come along and post hateful things. if you do not like her story, then don't . she has set her mind to this and got it done quicker then most of us. good for her. 120 pounds is perfect for someone her height. my mother taught me that if you don't have something nice or encouraging to say then keep your mouth shout.... i would suggest that to some of the people that are being ugly and jealous.

I do not think that some of the comments are meant to be hateful. at the OP's weight at this moment she is on the low side of a healthy BMI and that is awesome. Her profile says she has 3 more lbs to loose. If she looses one more lb she is still at the bottom of a healthy BMI. If she looses two more lbs she at the bottom of her healthy BMI. If she looses the last of the 3 lbs to get to her goal then is underweight. 3 lbs is exactly what it will take to go from the bottom of a healthy BMI to underweight which is unhealthy and your body begins to take what is needed from muscles and eventually ones heart. Some of the comments were out of concern. Some were skeptical but I am sure the OP knows that loosing 3 more lbs will put them at a BMI that is under weight
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Profile created July 2014, no pics, 2 friends and this is the only forum post.....I smell something fishy going on.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Profile created July 2014, no pics, 2 friends and this is the only forum post.....I smell something fishy going on.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't believe it either. Call me a hater. Yep, I'm a hater.
  • Chibukalu908
    Chibukalu908 Posts: 212
    Options
    I agree pictures and based on your height.120 is too skinny for you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!