HOW MANY CALORIES IS THIS?

Options
I feel like I'm pretty adequate at guessing how many calories a certain meal is; however, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this one??

My roomie and I went to 'Perkins' this morning (greasy food joint) and I ordered the Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter.
I looked online, and the calorie count for the entire meal is about 1,500 calories (yikes!)

This is what the entire meal consists of:

Bacon
Blended Soybean Oil
Breakfast Potatoes
Chicken Breast Fillet Fritter
Cream Gravy
Eggs, Large Fresh
Jumbo Round Biscuit
Shredded American Cheese
Sliced American Cheese

That being said... I only ate about half of one of the chicken/biscuits with gravy, and I substituted the breakfast potatoes with a very small bowl of fruit.

In the end, I had:
Half of a biscuit with gravy/chicken/american cheese.
2 Pieces of bacon.
Bowl of fruit (very small, like 5 pieces of melon)
Scrambled eggs (1)

About how many calories do you think that is? Thanks! Also- I'm still semi new here and looking for supportive friends!

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Its hard to guess cuz we dont know the weights and measures of that plate of yummy goodness. My advise is to get back on track starting now. Drink lots of water to hopefully flush some of the sodium I am sure you ingested today. Make today a memory that you enjoyed and start fresh.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Go into the database, look up each item, make a guess as to which entry is closest to what you ate (overestimating is good here), log it, and move on. Don't drive yourself crazy worrying whether it is exact or not.
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Without actually seeing the meal or having weights for it, I can give you a rough guess.

Large egg is probably 90 calories.
    2 bacon strips is also about 90 calories
    Melon would probably be 50 calories
    That biscuit is probably 350 calories (you said you had half so 175)
    The chicken is tough, but at a greasy diner I'd guesstimate 200 calories for the half of a breast filet
    Cheese is usually around 100 calories per slice (again you said half so 50)
    Gravy... um... Let's say 100 calories for what I'm assuming you had based on the diners I used to frequent.

All told-755 calories.

That seems a bit high, even to me, but I'm sure there's some unaccounted for oil in there somewhere as well.
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    What, the food or the caps lock?
  • emmaslaton
    emmaslaton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Without actually seeing the meal or having weights for it, I can give you a rough guess.

Large egg is probably 90 calories.
    2 bacon strips is also about 90 calories
    Melon would probably be 50 calories
    That biscuit is probably 350 calories (you said you had half so 175)
    The chicken is tough, but at a greasy diner I'd guesstimate 200 calories for the half of a breast filet
    Cheese is usually around 100 calories per slice (again you said half so 50)
    Gravy... um... Let's say 100 calories for what I'm assuming you had based on the diners I used to frequent.

All told-755 calories.

That seems a bit high, even to me, but I'm sure there's some unaccounted for oil in there somewhere as well.

Thank you so much!! :) very helpful and kind of you!
  • emmaslaton
    emmaslaton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its hard to guess cuz we dont know the weights and measures of that plate of yummy goodness. My advise is to get back on track starting now. Drink lots of water to hopefully flush some of the sodium I am sure you ingested today. Make today a memory that you enjoyed and start fresh.

Haha definitely need to flush the salt out. Thank you :)