Homemade granola recipe?

sweetsluver
sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
Does anyone have a good granola recipe? Store bought granola is so full of fat and sugar!
Thx...

Replies

• jujugk
    jujugk Posts: 5 Member
    I have a great recipe for granola. It is so yummy!!

3 1/2 cups of rolled oats
    3-4 cups of your favorite nuts or shredded coconut. My favorite is to add pecans, walnuts and almonds.
    2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    6 TBSP unsalted butter
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 C honey

Mix dry ingredients together and set aside. In saucepan add butter, honey and vanilla and mix until butter is melted.
    Add mixture to dry ingredients and blend well. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
    Cook in oven for 75 minutes on 250 degrees. Yummy!

You could also add peanut butter or chocolate for a different variety. Enjoy!
  • sweetsluver
    sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
    Sounds delicious, thanks!
  • Do you have the serving size and calorie count? Hope so this looks easy to make and yummy. :)

I have a great recipe for granola. It is so yummy!!

3 1/2 cups of rolled oats
    3-4 cups of your favorite nuts or shredded coconut. My favorite is to add pecans, walnuts and almonds.
    2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    6 TBSP unsalted butter
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 C honey

Mix dry ingredients together and set aside. In saucepan add butter, honey and vanilla and mix until butter is melted.
    Add mixture to dry ingredients and blend well. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
    Cook in oven for 75 minutes on 250 degrees. Yummy!

You could also add peanut butter or chocolate for a different variety. Enjoy!