Wii Zumba

Options
Just recently bought Zumba for Wii.. and am about to try it for the first time tonight! Has anyone tried it?? If so any thoughts or recommendations?!

Replies

• vicster9727
    Options
    Let us know how it is. I did a Zumba class last winter and LOVED it.... unfortunately I quit for alot of reasons, but would buy it for the Wii
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    A friend bought it and loves it.
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    I just finished my wii Zuma routine. I find it comparable to the Zumba classes I have attended. I often mix and match routines to fit my needs.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a Zumba class, nor have I watched the DVD. But-I have the Wii version-and LOVE IT! In fact, that is what I started my day off with today! So much fun to start the day dancing-talk about ready for a great day!
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I love my zumba! I just started doing the intermediate workouts and I love it! It took me a couple weeks to get the easy ones down well enough to try the intermediate. I love love love it!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba Fitness for the Wii! According to my heart rate monitor, I burn approximately the same number of calories, too. :happy:
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love my wii Zumba!! My boyfriend bought it for me for christmas!! It took me a little while to get the moves down as fast as she moves since I had never done Zumba before. But I got it now and I love the calorie burn it gives me!!
  • corinnemcvicar
    Options
    APPROX How many calories?
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok WOW I have to get it and try it!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That is the best way ,to diet one will fail ,watching calores is more sucessful. You are changing habits that will be helpful now and in the future keep up th ebest work
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    This morning I did a 45 minute workout and burned 627 calories. Last night I did the same workout but burned 896 calories. I typically burn at least seven hundred in my evening workouts. This is the first morning workout I have done with it and I was pretty sleeping when I started!!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This sounds like so much fun. I may have to purchase it and give it a whirl!
  • corinnemcvicar
    Options
    From what i read you can do a 20 minute workout. I think i am going to start with that.

Now let me ask you... Do you eat back what you burned during the workout?
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's due for release in the UK February or March for the Wii. I really want to buy it as I've fancied trying Zumba but not quite got the confidence to go to classes yet and it seems like a good and fun way to lose weight!
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    I personally try not ot eat back my exercise calories!! But I think thats a personal decision!!
  • annette6926
    annette6926 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii and think i will defo be getting this! I work odd hours so getting to a zumba class is no good for me cos im usually still at work when the evenin classes take place so having it on the wii is prob a good idea, anyone know how much it is?
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    I personally try not ot eat back my exercise calories!! But I think thats a personal decision!!

Be careful, I did Tae Bo the other morning, worth almost 500 calories, only ate 800 back throughout the day, (before dinner), and damn near passed out at my desk around 4:30! It would have been funny had I not been so cranky from being hungry! ☺
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    This morning I did a 45 minute workout and burned 627 calories. Last night I did the same workout but burned 896 calories. I typically burn at least seven hundred in my evening workouts. This is the first morning workout I have done with it and I was pretty sleeping when I started!!

P.S. Does the game tell you how many calories you've burned? I'm still debating on buying it.
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    No i purchased a cheap heart rate monitor with a chest strap at wal-mart for about fifty dollars. It is a universal sportsline and thats what I usa to track my calories!!
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    It says that wal-mart sells it for 36.54!!!