Stalled weight loss

Options
I am 5'7" and started at 97kg and managed to get to around 74kg before my weight loss just completely stopped (I was also not losing inches). I pushed myself for months with no change and eventually I got a bit lazy and put on about 5kg. I lost that again and once again got stuck at 74kg. After a month or so with no change and then sickness, I'm back up to 82kg. For some reason I just can't get past 74kg! I've lost weight just from calorie counting and exercising, and I've tried messing with the calories etc, but nothing seems to work :/

I'm getting started on my weight loss again soon and I want to get to 60kg. I know nothing is foolproof, but I want to try and do it in the next 6 months and push myself past this annoying 74kg plateau; so are there any plans or tips that are likely to be useful in getting through?

Replies

• AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Your calorie deficit isn't big enough. Make sure you reevaluate your calorie allotment every 10 pounds or so (the app should do this automatically) because your metabolism adapts to your weight loss and requires less energy. Also make sure you are measuring every solid on a digital scale and liquids in a measuring cup or spoon.

If you are doing these things and still not losing cut 100 calories every week until you start losing again.
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    try mixing up your dieting and increasing your protein in take, the more protein I eat specially on the days I excersise seem to help me increase my loss

x
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Your calorie deficit isn't big enough. Make sure you reevaluate your calorie allotment every 10 pounds or so (the app should do this automatically) because your metabolism adapts to your weight loss and requires less energy. Also make sure you are measuring every solid on a digital scale and liquids in a measuring cup or spoon.

If you are doing these things and still not losing cut 100 calories every week until you start losing again.

This...but it also comes down to are you logging accurately and consistently?

What are your calories at? I am 5 ft 7 as well and have never had an issue with a "stall"....but I weigh my food and measure my liquids.