I ordered too much chinese takeaway

Options
premneote
premneote Posts: 39 Member
Hey guys,

I ordered too much chinese takeaway and have quite a bit leftover. Was wondering if I can freeze it??

Replies

• klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend freezing it b/c that generally makes it taste weird. You can always put it in the fridge to keep it cool for tomorrow or sometime that week nothings better that cold Chinese!!
  • premneote
    premneote Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend freezing it b/c that generally makes it taste weird. You can always put it in the fridge to keep it cool for tomorrow or sometime that week nothings better that cold Chinese!!

How long do you think it will all keep for in the fridge?
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Leftover food is usually good for up to 3 days. I am personally more lenient, and as long as it was put right into the fridge after finishing with it, and it was kept cold, I feel it is okay to eat for up to 5, sometimes 6, days. We had Chinese last night. It's good stuff! Enjoy.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I ordered too much chinese takeaway and have quite a bit leftover. Was wondering if I can freeze it??

This is very generic... so freezing or keeping in fridge all depends on WHAT you bought... shrimp/fish you need to eat the next day or throw it. Chicken/pork/beef 3 days will be fine... rice freezes nicely, noodles don't... the list goes on.

The safest choice is when you have restaurant leftovers try to eat them for lunch or dinner the next day especially since you do not know how fresh the food was to start out.
  • TrenAbe
    TrenAbe Posts: 26
    Options
    This is exactly what I was thinking. It is very important to not let the fish/shrimp type entrees sit in the fridge more than a day. Bad personal experience.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    I ate week old homemade meatballs with my dinner last night, I'm fine. For takeaway? 3-4 days