132 lbs down + 6 months of weightlifting.

Options

Replies

• xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have about 35Ibs to lose in total I would say currently 168Ibs. Probably best to intersperse the weight training with light cardio to begin with or a bit more challenging? Sorry about all the questions! x

not problem! happy to help!

What I would recommend, is to start with some moderate to high cardio 4-5 hours a week. If you are not in the habit of working out yet, go for medium 3-4 times a week and work up. After you have been doing this a while, and are comfortable in your routine, then add the lifting.

Lifting is fantastic. Everyone should lift, no matter their size. It can only help you. I wish i had started way sooner. That being said, the reason I told you to hold off for a bit is, people tend to get overwhelmed.

I don't know where you are in your fitness, but if you take a completely sedentary person and then tell them they are going to do 5 hours of cardio a week plus 3 hours of lifting, they would get overwhelmed and completely quit after a few days(usually). Weight lifting and cardio together are great, but just cardio is better than nothing at all. Always push yourself, but don't break yourself.
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for your advice ???? Will look forward to posting some progress pics! x
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Damn, lady!!! You look awesome!
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am newly back on my journey to weigh loss... fell off the wagon for a bit. My weight and height are the exact same as yours when you began your journey, can I ask you how many calories you ate in the beginning? I always have a hard time figuring out how many calories I should be eating in order to lose weight, but not too few that I'm starving my body. I know you can figure it out on myfitnesspal, but it's always helpful to hear how others did it.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. Definitely a big inspiration- thank you so much for posting!
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :) Congratulations on turning your health around and turning yourself into a lean machine! :flowerforyou:
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome! Thanks for posting your weight workout schedule.
  • xxcooneyxx
    Options
    I am newly back on my journey to weigh loss... fell off the wagon for a bit. My weight and height are the exact same as yours when you began your journey, can I ask you how many calories you ate in the beginning? I always have a hard time figuring out how many calories I should be eating in order to lose weight, but not too few that I'm starving my body. I know you can figure it out on myfitnesspal, but it's always helpful to hear how others did it.

I've cycled back and forth between 1200 calories and 1500 calories. When I was larger, 1500 calories was more than enough because I was big enough that I was still dropping weight fast. As I got smaller I switched to 1200, but often (1-3 days a week) would bounce up to 1500 again because I was feeling insanely hungry or frustrated or something. So After I got to like 160 lbs, I always shot for 1200 but if I hit 1500, I was not going to beat myself up.Also, I usually ate about half the calories I burned doing cardio on days I did cardio, but if my day was going really ****ty, or I was just really hungry for some reason, sometimes I would eat all of the calories I burned during cardio. Still, even on my worst day if I ate 1500 calories AND all my cardio, I was still -250 calories, so I wasn't backsliding. Just slowing myself way down. When you start getting in the 160's losing weight is REALLY hard.

Also if you are going to eat your cardio calories, or even part of them, I strongly recommend getting a heart rate monitor. The machines that calculate the calories you burn, are usually a joke. My stationary bike is the worst. It says I burn about 1,000 calories in an hour, and it's closer to 500.
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    amazing amazing amazing. you're also proof that SQUATS WORK.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    umad.gif

I prefer this one but I'm a geek...

Awesome Job!

frnxxym1.gif?w=660&h=372
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, Congratulations! My daughter was sitting on my lap when I was looking at your success story and she was floored, she couldn't believe it, she turned me me and said, "Mommy, how did she do that, she's so skinny now". Great job!
  • NoraBlu
    NoraBlu Posts: 7
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!
  • LadyCouerlyn
    LadyCouerlyn Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! Very inspirational, thank you for taking the time to share with us. :)
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss , love weightlifting, way to get at it!!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!! You look great!

Such an inspiration!
  • jules1506
    jules1506 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow!!!! I'm in awe of you and your journey. And now I'm going to search out bigger weights as my tiddly 10pound dumbells pale into comparsion (though I'm only starting).

Can I ask if you have loose skin? I've been obese since I was 10 and doubt that after 27 years its going to bounce back as the weight goes, but maybe I'm wrong and that weight lifting is the way to go :)
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    jaw-drop-o.gif

Simply incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <
    not enough exclamation points :-)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing!
  • xxcooneyxx
    Options
    Exercise helps with loose skin. Unfortunately, I was very big since I was in about 2nd grade. It's gotten better with time. I'm 26, so I think that helps too. Still, it's a train-wreck under my clothes. I'm with the man I;m going to marry and he thinks I;m hot, so I guess that's all that matters, but to answer your question, yes. I have buckets of excess skin. The way I see it, before I looked bad clothed and naked. Now I look bad naked. That's a 50% improvement. Honestly I'm much happier this way and I would encourage anyone shying away from weight loss due to the skin, to keep going. I feel amazing.

There is surgery to fix it, but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it. That's ok though. I'm working on loving myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!