Starting over

Options
gorbygirl
gorbygirl Posts: 27 Member
Hi. My name is Becca and I have been on this site off and on for a while now. I can have a great week, then a not so good one and it has definitely affected my progress...

So here I am starting over completely. I am hoping to find new friends that are on here consistently. Hopefully we can encourage each other to stay on track!

Good luck !!:smile:

Replies

• Becky_Gets_Fit
    Options
    Hi Becca, my name's Becky :P I'm starting over too after a few half hearted attempts.
    I wish you the best!
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you something that worked for me and many others. Fitness is 60% nutrition and 40% physical. You won't get results working out unless you eat the right foods. It's not how much you eat, it's what you eat.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm always on here. Add me!
  • Angelaxx1965
    Angelaxx1965 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello ,
    I started my journey over again on 7-14-14 I understand just how you feel. Add me the more support the better .
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hello all...feel free to add if you like...im always happy to make new friends.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track, feel free to add me.
  • SarahJade33
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar position after starting this and seeing positive results but allowing myself to slip into bad habits again- I'm ready for a fresh start! Feel free to add me :) Good luck!
  • JackiepMN
    JackiepMN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I can totally relate! I have started over countless times! I have started reading the comments or posts to try to find my own motivation. I hate the word "can't," but I just CAN't seem to get this one part of my life under control! I'm here for ya!! Good luck!!
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you something that worked for me and many others. Fitness is 60% nutrition and 40% physical. You won't get results working out unless you eat the right foods. It's not how much you eat, it's what you eat.

I completely agree... I've attempted this site many times over but without really making and committing to a lifestyle change I've never lost more than 10 or 15 pounds. Or I'll go 6 o 7 weeks and quit. Well I've finally committed to doing better and it shows!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log every day (today is day 201!!!) and would be happy to provide support to keep your motivation going!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel. I haven't gotten to far away from it yet, but I'm trying to keep from ruining my progress.

Was doing great. I lost half of what I set out to lose. Got my sugar cravings under control. Exercising consistently. Finally feeling like I can do this.

Then the last 3 weeks (I know,.. it hasn't been that long) I'm messing up all over the place.

I"m not being honest with myself about my diet and I'm giving in to all the stuff I need to limit. For the past three weeks I've started over every Monday and by the next Monday I need to start over again. I'm letting other things influence my resolve (emotional eating).

If you are starting over, so am I. This time next week, I'll have a whole week of moderation and personal accountability and I won't have to do this all over again.

Feel free to add me if you want.