Need savory snacks that keep well!!!

Options
sheepysaccount
sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
So, I need ideas for little savory snacks. I know this is weird, but I am making an advent calendar for my sister, so I'd like something that won't go bad for four weeks or so.

Any ideas? prepackaged is fine, as long as I can find it in Germany.

Replies

• Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What a great sister you are! How about beef jerky? Sunflower seeds? Peanuts? Almonds? Goldfish crackers? Popcorn? In the US they come in a wide variety of flavors...like teriyaki, ranch, chili lime, bbq, parmesan etc. but even the original flavors would be savory and keep well.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Can you get wasabi peas and/or peanuts in Germany? Japanese rice crackers?
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    Those are great ideas! Thank you. Yes, I can get most of those things and pack them in smaller bags :)

Awesome!!!
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    Need more ideas, please.
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    And here's another bump.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Roasted/crisped up cooked chickpeas are really good. I eat meat, so I Iike different kinds of jerky. Dehydrated fruit (with no extra sugar--not dried fruit, the crispy dehydrated stuff) like apple crisps, pineapple, strawberries. If you can get them in individual small packages, almond-coconut milk (with or without vanilla) is shelf-stable and low in calories. Thin stick pretzels, mixed nuts, Anna's ginger thins (a cookie, but very thin and has a nice touch of sweetness).
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    Those are also great ideas. Thanks.