Losing 40lbs by New Years Eve

Options
Hey Everyone!!! :smile: I have this ultimate goal to lose at least 40 lbs by New Years Eve. I'm hoping 6 months will be long enough if I eat properly and work out consistently like I am supposed to. I've been off and on this site for a couple years and am really wanting to stick with it this go around. I live alone with my dog, so I don't really have to worry about others bringing in food I'm not supposed to eat unless it's myself doing so. So far, so good though! :laugh: I'm looking for some motivational friends that are trying to achieve somewhat the same goal. So feel free to add me!! I love reading everyone's statuses and stuff! For myself I have about 75lbs to lose and just chose this as my first large goal! I'm hoping to have all of this off by next summer when it rolls around!! Any feedback or advice is always greatly appreciated. I'm always open and willing to answer any questions as well. =]
If anyone wants to join my group I started to help stay accountable and stuff, its called "I thought they said rum" Lol!
Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    Good luck! 40 lbs by Christmas is achievable!

Just have to make sure all those Christmas goodies don't bite your in the butt once you're there ;)
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    i've joined the group :) goodluck with ur first goal..x
  • koucouth
    koucouth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • missbadelia
    Options
    I'm in too! I was calculating some goals in my head as I walked yesterday and they are right on target with your goals. Let's go the distance!!!! For me the key will be to get back up if I fall down.
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I hope I can make it there! I would love to be able to go out somewhere on New Years Eve in something cute instead of staying in like i normally do! I'm excited for this for once! We will all reach our goal, I'm sure!!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I actually have a similar goal in terms of weight loss by the end of the year.lost 11 lbs in June, but still have roughly 45 to go before i hit my first major goal (have hit several mini goals already, though)

Feel free to add me :D
  • wailana82
    wailana82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I have the same goal of losing 40 lbs by New Years. Been on and off this site too. We can do it!
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have 31 lbs to lose and would love to do it by january but I'm not sure if ill get there since I have pcos and am on paxil. Hoping to get down to 10mg of paxil to see if it helps.
  • myndikins
    myndikins Posts: 39
    Options
    Count me in too. 40lbs more by New Years would push me up to a major goal. I think we can do it =]
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    41# will put me into One-derland! I'm in with you all - let's do this!
  • 651crystal
    Options
    Goodluck! I have 39 pounds left to lose and I am hoping to achieve it by New Year's Eve too. :-)
  • bharatirats
    bharatirats Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good luck to you...:smile:
  • mindyreeh
    mindyreeh Posts: 1
    Options
    I've got the same goal as you! 75 lbs. total by next summer! 40 lbs. total by New Years is DEFINITELY achievable! Count me in!
  • cbrown1918
    cbrown1918 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but I'm in! I'm 41 pounds away from my end-of-the-year goal. I NEED some support because I'm horrible at staying on track.
  • edahl7762
    edahl7762 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am late too but I would love to join. I think 40lbs would be a great loss for me and put me at a very healthy weight and I could definitely use some support!
  • jenniferbertram7165
    jenniferbertram7165 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It won't always be easy especially with the holidays, but you can do it!!