Looking for honest opinion....

Options

Replies

• Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh, and here are two other options for you. I own both of these.

One piece suits, but INCREDIBLY FREAKING SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hate hate hate "mom tankinis" and refuse to wear them. I feel hot as hell in both of them even though they're 1 pieces!

Robin Piccone's Penelope Swimsuit:
    _8456232.jpg

And Miraclesuit's Jena Swimsuit:
    shine-on-jena-miraclesuit-big.jpg

These bathing suits are perfection, so buying them when I lose weight my prize:P

Sorry hun it doesn't look good. A one pice with a skirt for now would look better. In my humble, plz take with a grain of salt opinion. I'd show you mine but I am too fat. Here are some ideas

http://www.southbeachdiet.com/diet/bathing-suits-for-your-body-type#slide=4

check out 4
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Complete Honesty.
    Body looks great.
    Your choice of bikini doesn't.
    A figure, the envy of many on MFP.
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    I think you look great in it! You have lovely ivory skin and I dig the suit color! I'm no fashionista but I think the bottom looks fine, I'd wear it if I were in your skin. :) I live the turquoise suit someone shared too!!! Do you like the retro high waisted two pieces? Since you mentioned you have trouble with sliding/slipping that is a style that may prevent that. Good luck!
  • bam2093
    bam2093 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into getting a better cut bottom. The problem is trying to find one that won't fall off if I dive into the pool, jump waves, or swim laps, but also doesn't cut into my fat giving me a "muffin top."

DanaHerro - I LOVE your suits! You look great!! I'm definitely going to look into buying bottoms like that :) Thank you!

Hey no problem! You've got a GREAT shape there, just need to pick the right suit to flatter it. Killer curves like you have require that your top of your bottom band be right below where you are the smallest so that you show off that hourglass you've got there :)

I've had some good luck finding the Anne Cole suits at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. They are normally like $100/suits but I've found them for $24.99 there - I've also had GREAT luck finding the fuller cut bottoms on eBay of all places!!

Look into the foldover styles as well - they offer you more coverage but are a bit more customizable so that you can have them hit in the right spot.

AVOID bikinis at Target - they're ALL horrible for our hourglass shape. Victoria's Secret ones are also pretty bad - just too low of a rise.

Good luck and happy shopping!!!!

Ironically this suit was an emergency purchase from Victoria's Secret last year because I desperately needed a suit at the last possible minute. (Literally bought it 5 minutes before closing)
  • bam2093
    Options

Someone posted that first suit on another forum I'm on and I am obsessed. The only reason I didn't buy it was because I am pregnant. I also don't usually do a one piece but that suit is gorgeous.

OP - others have answered so I won't bother. I also have the same problem with bottoms that tie. Going a size up is too big in the bum for me but the ties seem to cut in.

Exactly!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Love the top but would go for a fuller bottom (maybe boy shorts or adorable waist high bottoms) as they will really help show off your shape because you are looking great! Plus, you will most likely be more comfortable and less likely to lose you bottoms when in the ocean :laugh:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The massage therapist in me wants to work on your shoulders... But that wasn't the question was it? Awkward.
    I like the suit on you quite frankly. Honest opinion :)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I love the top, but the bottoms look a little tight. Maybe go with the next size up or a different cut (higher waist or boy short?) that would be more flattering to your figure. You are curvy and the bottoms you are modeling cut into your curves in the wrong places, creating a small muffin top, which I am sure is NOT the look you are going for! You look great though, and I'm sure with the right bottoms you will look smokin' hot on the beach! :flowerforyou:
  • bam2093
    Options
    The massage therapist in me wants to work on your shoulders... But that wasn't the question was it? Awkward.
    I like the suit on you quite frankly. Honest opinion :)

Lol! Are the knots in my shoulders that obvious?
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    There's a reason that VS bikinis only look good on people with VS Model bodies ;)

C'mon girl!!!!

I want to take you shopping!!! :):)
  • jsissom86
    jsissom86 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I, too, think you should choose a one piece. You have a beautiful, body tho - I'm envious haha. But I just think women w/ a few curves look BEAUTIFUL in one pieces.
  • dj59lane
    dj59lane Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMG I would totally wear the purple one for a night out with a skirt Sexy
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    your body looks great. I would choose a different bikini. The bottoms are too small.
    I disagree that you need a one piece. Sure it would look fine but you can rock a bikini no problem. just find one that fits better. :-)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    your body looks great. I would choose a different bikini. The bottoms are too small.
    I disagree that you need a one piece. Sure it would look fine but you can rock a bikini no problem. just find one that fits better. :-)

To be clear - I don't think anyone was saying she needs a one piece, they were offered as suggestions.
    Like I said, I don't normally do one pieces but the first one is so amazing, I would have bought it. (I don't like the one strap look on me so I'd pass on the second personally).
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Top looks great.
    You need a fuller cut bottom. The bottom is not flattering at all.

You are SO tiny right above your belly bottom - you have a nice hourglass figure.
    Those look like junior bottoms. Those don't look good on most people unless you have a totally flat stomach.

Look for a bottom that comes up to about 1" below your belly button. Let me see if I can find a way to post pictures of my bikinis because we're built quite similarly and I avoid bottoms like that like the plague.

Top looks FANTASTIC and your body looks great overall - just lose those bottoms. They aren't working for ya! :)

+1
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! I love the super cute top, but yes, as others have said, the bottoms are not quite hitting you in the right spot. It would be great if the side seam hit right at your hips showing off your great shape.

Happy swimming!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love DanaHerro's advice for you, OP!

I think along the lines of most of the feedback you have already received...it looks perfectly OKAY, and in it you would look better than half the women at the pool (if not more)...but it's just not the most flattering, either.

As a fellow pale lady I agree with the suggestion of brighter/darker colors. With your skin tone I think a coral or red-orangey color would look awesome.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Unflattering

I dont think the color is great on you, I think with your skin tone a darker or warmer color would look better as your kinda pale (like myself, I do better with bright colors not pastels.)

The top looks fine, but the bottoms dig in in the wrong places, thats just the cut of it, Id try to find a bottom with a wider waist band that doesnt tie on the sides.
    +
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My new FAVORITE bathing suit designer - Trina Turk --- I just have to add an example of one of her new suits here since I swear the material is heavenly and doesn't push any chub and the cuts are great. Priciest suit I ever bought - but damn - I was so happy to splurge on this:

TT45281_MLT.jpg?sw=590&sh=930&sm=cut

and I am adding in the long sleeve soon because I love wearing "rash guard" suits when it's time to really play hard on the beach without worrying about losing the top:

TT45260_EMR.jpg?sw=980&sh=1445&sm=cut
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you've got a good body.. i think the suit is wrong for you..which is the suit not you. if you love it…get bigger bottoms..and you'll be good.