Bought a Polar FT4M

Options
Tried it out on Saturday and saw what it said as far as my caloric burn. How accurate is this?

Replies

• StephieAmber
    Options
    I have the same one and it seems to be pretty accurate (sadly it also suggests I'm perhaps not pushing myself hard enough ><)

Edit* spelling mistakes!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4F and I'd say they're pretty accurate. Mine is usually pretty close to the calories MFP gives me for an activity. That being said, I don't think anything will tell you the exact number of calories you've burned, but this is probably as close as you'll get.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Did you use it for exercise or wear it all day. HRM's are only meant for caloric burn when you have an elevated HR and will not be accurate if you wear it all day. It also calculates total calories burned and you would have to back out the calories you would have burned anyway (maintenance calories divided by the workout duration), to get extra calories burned due to exercise
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Did you use it for exercise or wear it all day. HRM's are only meant for caloric burn when you have an elevated HR and will not be accurate if you wear it all day. It also calculates total calories burned and you would have to back out the calories you would have burned anyway (maintenance calories divided by the workout duration), to get extra calories burned due to exercise

Wore it only for the workout I done Saturday.
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i would agree - i have one too and i think it's pretty accurate.
    did you burn more or less than you thought you should?
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    i would agree - i have one too and i think it's pretty accurate.
    did you burn more or less than you thought you should?

I burned more than I thought I would've.. Plus when I plugged in my cardio info here, it was more. Granted I also did weight training and other stuff that isn't listed on here.