losing inches but not weight?

Options
Hi all! I've been working out including some weight training, and I follow my diet religiously; I feel like I am losing inches but I don't see much weight loss. Is it because I am also gaining muscles? x_x

Replies

• RachelCane
    RachelCane Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yes so well done! muscle ways way more than fat so that's why you're seeing a drop in measurements and not much on the scales
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Gaining muscle is good too. If you feel you want to lose more weight , it all depends on nutrition and what kind of workouts you do. Try a meal replacement shake 1-2 times a day and build metabolism by eating more often and lean foods like grilled fish and chicken. Of course lots of veggies. Then your workouts should include a mix of cardio and abs. Sounds like you're doing fine, but weight loss comes from burning calories and not taking in so much calories.
  • octomancer
    Options
    I'm the same. I have been 14 stone for ages now, but I recently had to punch a new hole in my belt, so I know my waist is getting smaller. And I can notice fat disappearing from my arms and legs. I run and bicycle for exercise mostly, but I do lift weights to try and avoid losing muscle mass which can happen with pure cardio and trying to have a calorie deficit every day. If you like the change you're seeing in your shape, don't worry too much about your weight :-)
  • fre0314
    fre0314 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support!
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well if you are truly eating in a calorie deficit, you will not be gaining a lot of muscle other than newbie gains. If you are eating a calorie surplus, then you could be gaining some muscle.