Belly fat!

Options
Hi everyone!
Ive always wondered if anybody else has this issue..
I'm at a healthy weight, have a active job working on a farm and workout everyday (currently doing the jillian 30 day shred workout)
I am completely fine with my body ,except my stomach.
No matter what exercise I do nothing seems to change I always have a stuck out round tummy that looks like I'm pregnant.

Does anyone else have this?

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i sure do. even though all of me has shrunk a lot, including my belly, i still look about 8 months pregnant. i'm not only doing a lot of cardio but also resistance training, and know it'll improve, but patience sucks!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have exactly that. And the only thing that has ever ever helped it was lowering my body fat %. You cannot spot reduce a certain place, but in my experience stubborn fat only budges when I focus on FAT loss rather than WEIGHT loss. Eating at a small deficit (think 250 calories under TDEE) and lifting heavy is the only thing that gets me results on my stomach.
  • MPD6944
    MPD6944 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My stomach is always the last place I see results, but now that I'm doing more strength/resistance training I have seen a slight difference, I know it will just take time.
  • natalieannrussell
    Options
    You have no idea how comforting it is to hear I'm not the only one! It's been so frustrating!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you might just be an "apple" shape, lowering your bodyfat percentage will help this tummy issue (you will loose fat all over but eventually the tummy also - I'm currently doing this).
  • natalieannrussell
    Options
    you might just be an "apple" shape, lowering your bodyfat percentage will help this tummy issue (you will loose fat all over but eventually the tummy also - I'm currently doing this).

Forgive me for asking this it might seem stupid but Should I be concentrating on cardio ? Or more push-ups stuff like that?
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Your nutrition has to be on point before you start seeing belly results. You can workout all you want, but lacking a good nutrition will prevent your goals. Not saying you don't, but you have to be persistent.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Forgive me for asking this it might seem stupid but Should I be concentrating on cardio ? Or more push-ups stuff like that?

You can do both, but when you eat at a deficit you lose fat, water, and muscle. A progressive overload program will help you maintain that muscle so you lose mainly water and fat, thus lowering your BF%
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
    <--Had two very large babies while I was obese. I wrote the advice in this link.
  • Jen8781
    Jen8781 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has this issue somewhere or another. I have it on my butt and thighs and I have to be really skinny everywhere else before I see results there too, I live in hope that one day I will accept my body shape and that being fit and healthy will be enough!
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

You can do both, but when you eat at a deficit you lose fat, water, and muscle. A progressive overload program will help you maintain that muscle so you lose mainly water and fat, thus lowering your BF%

^this
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this with success to lower my bodyfat % : http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/articles/losing-fat.aspx

and usmcmp's advice is spot on too.