calories in part boned chicken breast?

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I've got an essential waitrose pack of 2 part boned chicken breasts. 1 is 275g and the other is 306g.

It doesn't say on the pack anywhere what the calories are and it isn't in the database? I also googled 'How many calories in 275g part bone chicken breasts?' but did not get a answer with a specific number.

Anyone got a calorie number for chicken breasts of those weights?

The weight choices seem limited on the food diary you either get 100g or 1g or 1 breasts/1 portion etc and you don't seem to be able to change it to an exact measurement?

I was planning on having the chicken breast 275g, 146g of broccoli, 102g carrot & sweet mash and 50g of mushrooms

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For bone-in chicken I used the cooked entry and weigh what I'm eating after it's cooked without and bones. (In other words I pull the meat off and weigh it or else weigh it, eat, weigh and subtract the remainder.). If you don't have a food scale measure it as best you can, but for something like chicken it won't be that accurate. Breasts vary in size, so any estimate based on that will be off.

The good entries to use for food, at least when it's just something like meat or veggies, are those without asterisks, because they are from MFP. The one I use is basically "chicken, breast, meat and skin, cooked, roasted." Obviously if skinless use the one that says "meat only" and if you braise the chicken find an entry that works for that. The most important things are not to use a raw entry for cooked chicken or to mix up dry and wet forms of cooking, because that affects the weight.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For bone-in chicken I used the cooked entry and weigh what I'm eating after it's cooked without and bones. (In other words I pull the meat off and weigh it or else weigh it, eat, weigh and subtract the remainder.). If you don't have a food scale measure it as best you can, but for something like chicken it won't be that accurate. Breasts vary in size, so any estimate based on that will be off.

The good entries to use for food, at least when it's just something like meat or veggies, are those without asterisks, because they are from MFP. The one I use is basically "chicken, breast, meat and skin, cooked, roasted." Obviously if skinless use the one that says "meat only" and if you braise the chicken find an entry that works for that. The most important things are not to use a raw entry for cooked chicken or to mix up dry and wet forms of cooking, because that affects the weight.

OK thanks! ..think it be easier to just eat pre-prepared foods with calories on than fresh!
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If I have something that weighs over 100grams, I'll just write that as number of servings.

Example 275 grams would be 2.75 servings.

Metric is so much easier than converting fractions!