Low cost low calorie monthly meal planners

Options
Looking for help finding a monthly meal planner that is low cal and economical. Anyone have any websites I can visit for ideas?

Replies

• marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com ...............? You could build your own.

You could try googling stuff for more specific goals. But you're not giving me much to go off of. "Low calorie" and "low cost" are not very specific
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Okay, let me try again.. :)

Looking for a way to plan my family's meals on a monthly basis that will work with my 1200 calorie a day MFP diet. I would love it to include low calorie meals (Under 500 per serving if possible), and it needs to be realistic recipes for a family's monthly grocery budget... ie no filet mignon, wild salmon, or other expensive main ingredients. It needs to be readily available basic ingredients, like rice, pasta, chicken, hamburger, etc...whiel still offering at least some degree of variety.

Hope that helps!
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I suggest you add some friends and check out their diaries.
  • Archerychickge
    Options
    I'm looking to plan our family meals a week or preferably a month in advance so as to stay within our grocery budget.... Looking at other's folks diaries is all well and good but doesn't put it in a format that will help me plan grocery lists.
  • Straitlover1965
    Straitlover1965 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not sure how it is on the calorie scale, but I saw the the eMeals that Dave Ramsey pushes was on special on Groupon.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/e-meals-1-raleigh-durham
  • Archerychickge
    Options
    been researching while I was reading the responses here.... Looks like Pepperplate.com might be the ticket... I can import recipes from just about anywhere and input my own as well. Plus it will generate shopping lists and I can plan menus by the week...
  • charmedsooner
    charmedsooner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Pepperplate! We use it all the time. Hope it works for you too.
  • fanirae
    fanirae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have also had really great success with emeals.com. They generally charge at intervals of either 3, 6 or 12 months and it averages to be around $4-7 per month. I've used the low calorie diet, but I'm currently using the diabetic diet just because it's a tad healthier and calories are listed for both the main dish and side dishes as well. Weekly generated grocery lists too.
  • fitgalpal13
    fitgalpal13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you tried http://www.pickmemealplan.com yet? Its a healthy monthly meal planner, mostly plant based so at least your family is eating healthy and low cal by default, also under ten bucks per month.