180.2!

Options
BobbyDaniel
BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
I may be a bit like the lame stream media in the 2000 Presidential election...but I'm going to call it anyway. I DID IT! 40 pounds weight loss since March of 2010! And what is even crazier for me is that I have actually lost 50 pounds from my all time high of 230 pounds that I hit about 3 years ago! Yes people, it can be done!

Honestly, last summer, I was seriously doubting I could or would do it. I hit a wall after 10 pounds and stayed there for the next 3 months or so. I kept going, hoping, praying, stressing...and then I ran. Yep, it took running to get me over that hump and the scale moving again. Of all things, running...who would have thunk it?

The funny thing is I always imagined what it would be like to run, any amount of distance really. A mile, 2 miles, 3 miles...never really got past a mile and usually quit not long after that though. That was until I discovered the Couch to 5K program and about 5 weeks into that I realized it was possible. And now...I'm a runner!

I saw a 3:18 improvement from my first 5K to my 2nd, and a third is just weeks away. And I'm already making plans on running a 10K sometime in the fall. NO WAY! Way! And beyond that, who knows!

But I did it! 40 by 40 came with 6 weeks to spare! Now on to the next stage of the game, my BMI. My current Body Mass Index (BMI) is 26.6, which is still in the "over weight" range, I need to get it below 25, or 169 pounds, to be considered healthy. So my next goal is to lose 12 more pounds, which would be one pound more than I need and then maintain that. I'm not looking to diet to simply lose weight, I have spent the last year busting my back side in hopes of making some major life changes that will get me through my remaining days!

Thank you God for the vision you gave me to get healthy and the motivation to keep going, as well as Your strength when I felt so weak and unable. Bless the coming days, weeks, months and even years as I reclaim this temple for You, Your honor and Your greater glory!

God is good and I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength!

Replies

• wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Its so motivating to know other people are doing amazing things and accomplishing their goals in weight loss. I just wish I could run as much as you : )
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    so motivating! Congrats!
  • ericka8580
    Options
    :happy: congratulations on your success!!
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    This is awesome! Congratulations!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Way to go Pastor Bobby!

I cannot tell you how many times I repeat Phil 4:13 when I am running and feel like i am going to quit!

Keep moving forward bud, because you are doing GREAT!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I just started Couch to 5k and am on Week 2, Day 3 and there is already a MAJOR improvement from Week 1, Day 1!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!