good foods vs bad foods

Options
hey every1 just had a question, will i still loose weight as long as im sticking to my calories of 1200? Sometimes i dont get time for a lunch, so instead i will have things like mini packets of maltesers of quavers but count them in my calories and dont go over my calorie intake. Will i still loose weight, or do i aways have to eat healthy foods? x

Replies

• shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'll keep an eye on this thread, as i've often wondered the same thing.
  • oysterboy
    oysterboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight if you stick to your calories however you spend them. It's better to eat healthy food as, as well as containing more nutrients, you can eat more of it so you'll feel fuller and be less likely to cheat.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    yes, you can still lose weight, but you should ask yourself if those habits are setting you up for a healthy lifestyle. This should be about much more than just weight loss - it should be about overall health. You could technically lose weight eating nothing but candy, but you certainly wouldn't be healthy even if you hit your goal weight.

You'll feel much better if you put in the effort to have a healthy, nutritious lunch on a regular basis- whether that means you have to bring it from home or something else.

An occasional "bad" lunch day is one thing, but if you do it on a regular basis you're not doing yourself any favors, even if you do continue to lose weight.
  • Grungerat
    Options
    I don't know for sure because everyone is different, but I know that as long as I remain under my calorie count, I lose weight - whether it is lots of nutritious & filling foods or a single meal of total junk. It's good to indulge in junk sometimes to keep you from going nuts. But those are empty calories, and unless you're eating lots of nutritious stuff at other meals, you might run the risk of becoming malnourished... so I guess I would just balance your choices! Balance is key!
  • gegardner
    Options
    I know when I was pregnant my care provider told me that if I ate healthy foods, the baby weight would come off a lot quicker. I would think that if I ate healthier now, even if it was the same calorie count, I would build lean muscle better and loose the weight quicker...I guess.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will happen if you stick to the "calories in, calories out" rules and stay within your limits. As long as you don't forget your lunch every day and eat this way a day here or there will not make any difference at all.
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    Eating healthy is obviously better for you, but you should still lose weight as long as you stay within your calorie goals. In all honesty, eating healthy is one of my goals, but I'm just not that great at it yet. Despite that, I have still managed to lose 62 lbs. I decreased my caloric intake, exercised a lot more and am working on eating better. God bless you on your journey.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    thanku everbody xxxxxxxxx
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No. A calorie is a calorie no matter where it comes from. Of course, it's healthier overall to eat a diet full of veggies, fruits, lean meats, etc., but when it comes to weight loss, it just doesn't matter. You can lose weight off of cheeseburgers and donuts, as long as it fits in your calorie goal. That's what's really helped me to lose 111 pounds. Other times I had dieted, I had a mind-set that I could only eat lean cuisines and salads.... And I don't particularly like both. :) Yesterday, I spent 210 calories on a Hershey's chocolate bar and stepped on the scale this morning with no ill effects. Spend your calories on what you'd like, but keep in mind that a healthy diet is overall better. Good luck.
  • midgetjoness
    Options
    your body will benefit more from healthier foods in the long run. even though treats are brilliant its more about giving your body enough nutrients and the keys to keep it working probably! not that a couple of bags of malteasers are going to send your body into meltdown!! haha my advice: just try to balance it out, pair a chocolate bar with an apple. :)