3 Day Military Diet

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    i had surgery today that didnt start until about 4pm

hadnt eaten since 10pm last night

20 hours without food led to my fastest results ever!

/eyeroll
  • Mizzhellpitt
    Options
    Yea hot dogs are super nasty!! Lol but there are alternatives for everything on there.. Including the devil ice cream ;)
  • Mizzhellpitt
    Options
    Lol! I'm in no way advocating for it, just suggesting people learn a little about something before they come all angry about someones choice to try something.. People hit plateaus all the time, sometimes a little boost is all they need.. sure it isn't for everyone and a person trying it really shouldn't get you all worked up.. If you're against something suggest positive alternatives.. For instance, instead of this diet I would suggest a person do something less extreme like add an hour of exercise, considering it will take about the same amount of effort and you'll get a healthier amount of weight loss.. But I won't attempt to belittle someones choice.. We are all on a journey, everyone of us trying something different to better our lives.. We will all make mistakes along the way and learn what works for us, but the biggest mistake is trashing someone elses efforts to reach their goals! Staying positive is a choice.. Anyways good luck to you all!! A goal is a beautiful thing to have and a magical thing to reach <3
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We are a military family and I've never heard of this either..
    But that's awesome that you guys have lost weight.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez....just noticed this thread was from Dec.
  • coreyjcochran
    Options
    Idk why people on here are so ignorant to nicknames. It's called the military diet because
    of the strict eating and discipline one must go through to do this. And it is eating healthy? It's proven to work. Not to mention that it's also a fact, that if you burn more calorie than you intake, weight loss will
    occur. It's not rocket science. It's strict and hard to do. It's not fasting, or
    starvation. This is the kinda stuff we should all be eating to be honest. Not garbage fast food and hamburger helper. If you can work out and do this diet, good for you. Because it will work. And these military people boasting and bragging about "I've been in the military for years and we are a military family and never heard of this. Blah, blah, blah. Act educated if you are please. Military means soldier. You can be a soldier or advocate for anything. Just like when people say the word ignorant in the wrong way. Or the word incredible!! It's actual meaning is... Not credible. But I'm off topic now, sorry. I comend you for serving our country. Just don't he ignorant with facts and egostistical about the "military" presence you possess. Good luck if you are trying this diet with us!!!
  • Moordous
    Options
    Had great results with this diet. Lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks and have maintained for 6 months now. Realize everyone is different but I am motivated by the quick results to watch what I am eating going forward. Worth a try for anyone considering it.
  • Woofkaz4
    Woofkaz4 Posts: 8
    Options
    For all of you commenting that you were in the military and never heard of this. I don't think they mean literally "MILITARY". I think it is just a name for this particular diet.

It truly interests me, when people do nothing but focus on the negative. Don't knock something until you try it. I feel this diet is a VERY GOOD way for people to get their portions under control. I do not think this would be a long term solution, but it is all in what you take away from it.

So why not focus on the positives?

Have a great day!
  • jayjibarra4
    jayjibarra4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 years old, I weigh about 191.8 and I'm 5'11.
    I first started the military diet in mid January of this year and lost close to 20 pounds the first 2 months of this diet. I am very proud to say that I've kept the pounds off and I am still working hard on losing more and more weight everyday. I definelty think this helps with many things like portion control, controlling your cravings, and also helped me drink more water because when I'd start to get a little hungry id drink a couple glasses of water and be totally fine. I drink more then a galon of water a day, even more when I workout. I workout between 3-5 days a week, I do a mixture of cardio, circuits, and strength training. I think this diet is a great starter diet because you will HAVE to disapline yourself if you wanna see results after the 3rd day, and you will have to maintain it because you will love the results. Don't cheat! Be smart! Drink lots and lots of water! Workout! And you will see the difference:) Just following the last 4 things I wrote will help you drop weight on it's own! But the military diet does help you get started like I said. Good luck!!!:)
  • cj101307
    cj101307 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have no concern where this diet came from. I have lost 20lbs on it so far.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What is up with all the first time posters bumping this thread to praise the diet and never to be heard from again?

Look at some of the older ones who have done this with no progress on weight loss tickers and no further posts. Hmm.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I served in the military (USAR) and from my experience the diet was whatever you chose to eat at the chow hall. If you were overweight and in training they sent your butt to the back to eat last because we had limited time during training to eat. Mix that with a lot of daily moving and non stop going and yeah, you could lose weight. I actually gained weight in the service I went from 142lbs to 155lbs :D
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    For all of you commenting that you were in the military and never heard of this. I don't think they mean literally "MILITARY". I think it is just a name for this particular diet.

It truly interests me, when people do nothing but focus on the negative. Don't knock something until you try it. I feel this diet is a VERY GOOD way for people to get their portions under control. I do not think this would be a long term solution, but it is all in what you take away from it.

So why not focus on the positives?

Have a great day!
    I think the focus on the title is based off how ludicrous the "diet is". Also I have eaten a limited number of calories in the past and yes I lost weight, I was also anorexic and became very ill. I refuse to tell someone eating 800 calories for any period of time, or following some fad diet is going to solve all of their problems. Especially when I myself have eaten low calories, done fad diets, and found for me and most people that try them and eventually go back to eating "normal" (Daily calorie needs to SURVIVE) this just leads to massive weight gain.

The only thing that is proven to work over and over again and not have long term health effects as long as you are eating smart and following your own bodies needs (in example if you are diabetic) and keeping your total calories within the norm and working to reduce them below your norm.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Pass.
  • coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have started a group for "3 Day Diet" please join if you have been on the diet or are interested in joining. Haters can keep their opinions to themselves and are not welcome
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have started a group for "3 Day Diet" please join if you have been on the diet or are interested in joining. Haters can keep their opinions to themselves and are not welcome

50+ years old and wants to follow a silly, restrictive diet with a made up name and uses the word "haters"

A9Pfxak.jpg
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Will it involve Fire Guard duty? 430AM wake ups? PU's pre and post meals? Folks in brown hats swearing at you? Are you eating using a large spoon only? Do you have less then 3 minutes to eat some of your meals? Hmmm. . . .must be a different sort of 'military'.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

It's clearly working for you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have started a group for "3 Day Diet" please join if you have been on the diet or are interested in joining. Haters can keep their opinions to themselves and are not welcome.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: