19 hour days!!! omg HELP

Options
I work at 4 a.m. sat-mon so i have really long days on the weekends, its hard not to eat 4 or 5 meals and with a 1200 calorie goal its hard to stay under with so many hours awake since i dont sleep until 10 pm any suggestions on how to curb appetite?

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I would say if you're working 19 hour days, you will need more than 1200 calories to keep you going!! I wouldn't be afraid of going up to 1500 or 1600. I'm sure the calorie calculators assume you're getting 6-8 hours sleep... Just try to fill up on protein and fibre and fruits and veggies rather than sugar hits, and I'm sure you'll be OK!! Good luck!!
  • Saraph
    Saraph Posts: 3
    Options
    Try eating things that are loww on cals but high în proteins and fibers to keep you feeling full.
    Try eggwhites.
  • aysegul2
    Options
    Try to include as much vegetable as possible.
  • sblades
    sblades Posts: 75
    Options
    plain air popped popcorn, full of fiber :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I would say if you're working 19 hour days, you will need more than 1200 calories to keep you going!! I wouldn't be afraid of going up to 1500 or 1600. I'm sure the calorie calculators assume you're getting 6-8 hours sleep... Just try to fill up on protein and fibre and fruits and veggies rather than sugar hits, and I'm sure you'll be OK!! Good luck!!

I agree with this poster- you could proly plan about 1-200 extra cals for every 4 extra hours you are going.

Also- you seem to be rather active, and only trying to lose a small amount of weight- why are your calories so low to begin with? With that little to lose, you might consider setting your pace to between .5 lbs- 1 a week- that should give you a higher calorie alottment. When you are so close to your goal weight, trying to lose it quickly can put a lot of strain on your body.

Good luck!
  • oaraico
    oaraico Posts: 14
    Options
    i think i will add calories, thanks for all your suggestions. how quickly everyone responds is aaaamaazing!