Newbie question RE calorie total

Options
Should I aim to match my calorie goal or try to keep under them? (There are days that are easier either way.)

Facts: I'm 234lbs, 6'1", BMI of 31, MFP calorie goal of 1400, work out goal of 4 days/week (40min each time),

My goal is to loose a min of 2lbs/week.

Ok.... GO!

Thanks - Manda :)

Replies

• KtChiCa
    Options
    If you are working out, you need to meet your calorie goal. If you don't eat enough you are actually working against your cause. Eat. If you don't, you aren't going to sustain your metabolism, reach really is a goal of weight loss is to rev it up and keep it going, and to do that you have to make sure you are eating enough.
  • Brandip714
    Options
    if i were you i would try to match them, if not go over them by 10 or so just to be safe. not getting enough calories can be just as detrimental to your weight loss goal as having too many, because your body will go into "starvation mode" and try to hold on to everything for reserve. hope this helps :)
  • sharonpryke
    sharonpryke Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You should aim to match it - but if you're under and not hungry then don't eat for the sake of it. If you go over some days, and under others, it will even out over the week.

The only thing is not to go too low ie under 1000 calories, otherwise your body might think there's a famine and start conserving energy - which will slow your weight loss down.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Got it. Thanks guys - you're awesome!!

Manda