Sister-In-Law Bday dinner...

Options
OLP76
OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
Okay...I have been stressin' out just a wee bit. My sister in law birthday dinner is at 'The Keg'...
I have already checked out the menu and nutritral value of each option.

I'm stressin' over the sodium intake on a meal - most are over 1000mg. Sodium is my weakness.
I do want to eat like a 'normal person' and not just have a plain house salad.

They known I'm on a strict diet plan...

Any ideas on how to prepare myself to take in all high sodium intake. I was thinkin' of drinkin' a Shakeology before hand, and just have plain baked potato or the 3 trio plate. Husband has already told me to drink alot of water before hand...

Thanks for all comments in advance...xo

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just drink lots of water and you'll be okay.
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is order the best "real meal" you can. Split it w/ your boyfriend or box up half your meal before you even start eating. Enjoy the company & don't stress too much about one night out. Have fun.
  • OLP76
    Options
    Excellent ideas :) Thank you...

Not sure if my Husband would like my boyfriend to come along ;) JK
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Any time you go out to eat - even with a salad most likely - you are going to go over on sodium. This is just a universal truth I've come to accept. Drink lots of water. Remember that potassium offsets sodium, so be sure to keep in mind high potassium foods - leafy greens, fish and yogurts are where I usually turn. Also foods high in water content will help - again, veggies and fish. Maybe keep that in mind at breakfast and lunch throughout the day beforehand.

And just plan on weighing up the next day. I pretty much always do after the high sodium - especially when I have it in the evening.

Edited to add - what I mean by "weighing up" is that your weight will TEMPORARILY spike from the sodium. Don't let it get you down - I often don't even log it. Just note it and move on.
  • gustogurl
    gustogurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Kegs Filet Mignon is to die for and it is the leanest cut of meat on their menu!
  • OLP76
    Options
    Thanks again for the comments... I really don't think a house salad will have alot of solium - as I don't have the dressin', crotons, bacon bits etc....
    filet mignon - never had in my life - but I have options...thank you so much :) xo