Fish and chicken without salt???

Options
jloring75
jloring75 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all,
I've been working with a trainer and she suggested cutting out added sodium in my protein meals such as tilapia and chicken. Ive been doing this for a couple months now and the benefits are great but the food is still BLEH...I add all the herbs and lemon juice possible and its still just so-so and I'm getting bored. Can't add cheese or anything with sodium in it. Help!

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad to use a little salt. I don't add a bunch to anything but do seem to get between 1500-2500 per day. :)
  • JustForMe27
    Options
    Have you tried mrs. dash? They are all sodium free spices and I know that my grocery store carries a pretty good variety of them.
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    I was gonna say Mrs. Dash, too. There are some really great seasonings in that line. Or, what about adding some kinda homemade salsa or something.

I hope you can find something that works for you.

*Good luck*

Jean
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I love the Mrs. Dash sodium free seasonings!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Mrs. Dash spices are wonderful!! I have been using them forever (my father has heart problems and can't have much added sodium). I don't miss the salt at all!! :o)
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash makes amazing marinades and salt-free toppings. Also, you can get sodium free salt which is actually potassium and isn't half bad.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try Mrs. Dash now. I'm always looking for ways to add some extra flavor without going crazy on sodium-high dressings. Thanks!!!! :smile:
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey I love doing a maranaid of hot sauce and whorestechier sauce on chicken (very low sodium) some brands are more and some are less so check them and them you take the chicken out (the longer you marinaid the bolder the flavor) I usually do about 2 hrs, and add whole wheat pancko bread crumbs and roll chicken it the whole mixture and then bake. It is Amazing! Hope this helps!