How much time before?

Options
I am not one of those people that can go to the gym on an empty stomach. If I don't eat before I feel like I am going to pass out. I get all shaky it's not good. So how much time should I eat before going to the gym? That sentence doesn't sound right but hopefully you know what I mean lol

Replies

• ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Personally I wait about an hour after eating. I have oatmeal with half a banana, and after about an hour i can do HIIT without feeling like I'm running on empty. It's more of a "how long do you feel you need" because sometimes I need to eat again and wait another hour before I can workout.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I've always heard/read an hour. That way your stomach can digest the food before you start sending the blood to the muscles. That way that food doesn't just sit there. :)
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    30-an hour is what I have always been told you don't have to eat a lot just something to get you through. I generally have a power bar and a piece of fruit 45 mins almost prior. If you being to become gassy or have to stop to use the rest room you have eaten too much.