Gonna do it this time! But need motivated friends!

Options
Hi all, I have been a yo yo dieter for years. This time something in me has to change. I am so sick of feeling so fat and frumpy. I am sick of avoiding all mirrors and not being able to buy any clothes that look good. I am sick of trying to hide my weight under big clothes and kidding myself I look good. I am so worried about my health as I am off the charts of healthy body weight and have left myself open to getting a serious illness because of my weight. I am sick of feeling ashamed of myself and weak. I wanna get the slim and happy me back! I have about 41kg to lose, which is a LOT! I need to break it down and take small bites of the very big apple! I would love some motivated people to interact with along the way.

At the moment, I am aiming for 2 weeks of healthy eating and exercise as I have a function in 2 weeks. Then, as one of my besties has left town for five weeks - when I see her again I want her to be able to notice I have lost some weight.

I need to break it down into minny goals as I just lose motivation too quickly. In the past my expectations have been too ridiculously high that I will lose it all in a couple of months. I have now realised I am not going to be able to lose all this weight in that time and I am looking at the best part of a year to do it. I have realised I have to do it sensibly and stop kidding myself.

I have just joined Lisa Curry's KISS Club. I like the food and I have admired Lisa for years. I will put myself in her hands and follow the program for once in my life!

I am happy for anyone to join me!

Replies

• doozerbob
    doozerbob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll join you :) I have no one motivating me but me, the other half is useless ( he's whinging that I don't eat enough and he loves me just the way i am etc etc, and keeps bringing home sweets, chocolate, cake, then gets insulted when I don't eat it. And don't start me on the takeaways!!!!)
    I have 85 ish to lose, for myself, and for health reasons. I have very few friends, even less female friends so no one to talk to about weight loss.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this.
    Good luck to you.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both! You can find lots of friends here who are on the same journey to getting healthy. As you browse the forums, when you come across someone who's message you like, have something in common with etc, just send them a friend request with a short note of introduction. Most are more than happy to befriend new folks.

Having short term goals is a fantastic plan. I've been doing mine in 10lb increments, so each "decade" I lose, I treat myself to something new, clothes, CDs etc. (anything but food) I had to go on this journey due to my health, so my hubby has been fairly much on board. He does all the cooking, so he's had to relearn portion sizes, what I can eat and such. It was rough at first but is much easier now.

It's important to consider this a lifestyle change, not a diet. Diets end then you regain everything. A wise friend told me this is a journey to learn the coping skills that we never did to begin with, as most of us have used food for coping and self medicating. Be sure to log everyday, measure out your portions so you learn what it looks like and get your body moving in some way. If you stay within your calorie goals, you will be successful. :)
  • Flashflynn
    Options
    Thanks guys. I agree Sharon, this has to be a lifestyle change. To get me on track and back in a positive mindset of healthy eating and excercising I have signed up with an online fitness trainer over here called Lisa Curry. Lisa is a superb althete and motivator and I really like her fresh, healthy approach to food and her whole lifestyle ethos. It is for 10 weeks and is just basic fresh, healthy food that I like anyway and exercise a minimum of 3 days a week. I think it will get me on the path again. And for once, I will follow the program. I have spent 1000's of dollars on diet and exercise. I have a gym membership that I pay for and never use so I am starting again tomorrow in my lunch time at work. I also have to totally change my thinking. In the past I have taken an all or nothing approach to it and gone on crazy diets where I lose a heap of weight realy quickly, burn out after four weeks and put it all back on and more. I just want it to be fast and easy and it aint I have realised! Thanks for your support everyone! I am happy to be a buddy to anyone and help motivate others to stay on track as well.
  • jennifer110367
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me! I am just getting started after yo yo dieting since I can remember. I am motivated to do it this time and make long term changes to keep the weight off and improve my health.
    Jennifer
  • bshipman89
    Options
    You're more than welcome to add me! I've been trying really hard this time around to stay with a plan. Thankfully I have a hubby that's trying to get back in shape also, but it would be so nice to know some other women who are doing the same thing I am.