132 lbs down + 6 months of weightlifting.

Options

Replies

• jules1506
    jules1506 Posts: 22
    Options
    Exercise helps with loose skin. Unfortunately, I was very big since I was in about 2nd grade. It's gotten better with time. I'm 26, so I think that helps too. Still, it's a train-wreck under my clothes. I'm with the man I;m going to marry and he thinks I;m hot, so I guess that's all that matters, but to answer your question, yes. I have buckets of excess skin. The way I see it, before I looked bad clothed and naked. Now I look bad naked. That's a 50% improvement. Honestly I'm much happier this way and I would encourage anyone shying away from weight loss due to the skin, to keep going. I feel amazing.

There is surgery to fix it, but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it. That's ok though. I'm working on loving myself.

Thank you for your open reply, glad to know what to expect :) Have just ordered up a barbell and dumbell set that I can add to as I get lighter and stronger and I can't thank you enough for your post as you have inspired me to do as you do :) xx
  • LaNeekaRN
    LaNeekaRN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A-mazing!!! You are darling, and such an inspiration!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    WOW!! this is awesome - good for you!

Weightlifting for the win!!
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! Beautiful! :love:
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Way to go!
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job!
  • Flashflynn
    Options
    Wow what a transformation - you look amazing. Well done! :happy:
  • lalee93
    lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So, what size clothes are you wearing now? And what size did you start out in?

Such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. 1500 is what I have my daily intake set up for to begin with and I will see how I do with that. Ive gotten down to 220 at one point and even then it was really difficult to keep losing so I can imagine that at 160 it would be extremely difficult. Again I greatly appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you look amazing! Nice job :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on all your hard work :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Wow! The pictures say it all! I need to gain some weight now and I want it to be muscle rather than fat, so I've been contemplating the idea of strength training. I think you just convinced me. Thanks. ;-)
  • MyssPhytt
    MyssPhytt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Replying for routine and inspiration. Way to go girl! You're an inspiration. Goes to show dieting can make you slim, but weight training makes you H-O-T! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing. What dedication. I just started with a personal trainer, session #5 tomorrow and am super excited! Keep up the good work!
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Started at a size 20, dropped down to a size 8. Then I started lifting and stayed the same weight, but dropped down to a 4 (These are all US sizes)
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wow, Wow. WOW!!! You look amazing!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Really, really inspiring, thanks - and for the routine too
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love that you are using weightlifting now! It has really shaped your body into amazing curves!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • heather_hearts_travel
    heather_hearts_travel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! GREAT results. Your work is definitely paying off. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!