Zero calorie shirataki noodles!!!!!!

Options
FINALLY tried these! Made them in a super spicy beef and mushroom stir fry with bean sprouts! So freaking amazing. Giant plate of food for about 270 calories. Super low carb too. The trick is to rinse and soak and rinse the noodles again to get rid of the weird smell. Then pan fry for about 8-10 min. Set aside and add whatever you want! Yes they are zero calories!

imagejpg1_zps7ab1b51d.jpg

Replies

• rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try them. Thanks!
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love these! Can you post the recipe you used please? It looks amazing!
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used 4 bags of 7oz noodles. After you drain them there is not a lot. The seasoning was about 1/4 c soy sauce, 1 tbs oyster sauce, ground ginger , chopped onions, red pepper flakes ,1packet of stevia. I also used about 1tsp of sesame oil in the mix and another when I stir fried the steak. I didn't really measure the seasonings. I just know how much I like. I used 14 oz of really lean sirloin steak cut off all fat. 1 bag of bean sprouts or you could use cabbage. I used almost a lb of shiitaki mushrooms. Depending on how spicy you like it. I used a lot of red pepper flakes.

Pan fry the noodles with a little soy and set aside. Use 1tsp of sesame oil and Stir fry the mushrooms and bean sprouts. Mix in half the soy mixture. Set aside. Use 1tsp sesame oil and stir fry the steak. Stir in remaining mixture. Toss all together.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Do you buy these refrigerated?
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    They are my go to pasta :) I really love them, but haven't found them as zero calories, just 15 or 20 per serving :) Definitely have to keep my eyes open for yours though :)
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    I found them In the refrigerated section at a Asian market. I have seen the tofu ones at the regular store and those do have calories since they are tofu. Haven't tried those yet but I'm going to.
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • daisylenora
    daisylenora Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :love: yum
  • kotzzz
    kotzzz Posts: 13
    Options
    yayz to japanese/asian \m/
    trollolol
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WHAT?!?!?!?!

This sounds pretty life-changing to me. But I wonder if they are suitable for non-Asian meals - I love stir fry but my weakness is old fashioned Italian pasta with marinara....what do ya'll think?
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    OP, that looks really good. I tried the noodles once and wasn't a fan, but I'd eat that! And wtg for losing over 100lbs, you obviously know what you're doing.
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sad to say I heard about these a few months ago, ordered them and never tried them. I am not an adventurous cook! When you say pan fry, did you add anything or you just rinsed any cooked them for 8 o 10 minutes?
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I found some at a health food store in the refrigerated section. I heard they had a stink, and yes, they do. I rinsed and rinsed and let them 'air out' in a colander for a bit.
    They still had a little stink, but I panfried them with a little sesame oil, then added salt, sriracha hot sauce, a little soy. Stirred them with a bit of garlic hummus, added a couple chunks of avocado, and they were delicious. At 5 calories a serving I figured I could eat the whole pack-25 calories. I was full for quite a while too.
    Not sure I'd like them with red sauce. Asian works well.
    I'm going to get more tomorrow.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I brought them but I can't eat them with the smell and weird texture. It's great that you like it. I hoped that I would too but didn't.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I make about 2-3 packages with some steamed broccoli, throw it all in a bowl, and top it off with a lot of that popcorn cheddar sprinkle powder.... BOOM..... Mac N Cheese
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ... I wonder if they are suitable for non-Asian meals - I love stir fry but my weakness is old fashioned Italian pasta with marinara....what do ya'll think?

Unfortunately no. I like these noodles a lot in pad thai and I make something like a pasta puttanesca that's really good, but they work best in dishes that are not really about the noodle. In simple italian pasta dishes, the pasta itself really matters, and shiritaki noodles do NOT work well when they're the focus of the dish. They have virtually no flavor of their own, and they do not absorb the flavors of their surrounding ingredients.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    OP, that looks really good. I tried the noodles once and wasn't a fan, but I'd eat that! And wtg for losing over 100lbs, you obviously know what you're doing.

Thanks!
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    ... I wonder if they are suitable for non-Asian meals - I love stir fry but my weakness is old fashioned Italian pasta with marinara....what do ya'll think?

Unfortunately no. I like these noodles a lot in pad thai and I make something like a pasta puttanesca that's really good, but they work best in dishes that are not really about the noodle. In simple italian pasta dishes, the pasta itself really matters, and shiritaki noodles do NOT work well when they're the focus of the dish. They have virtually no flavor of their own, and they do not absorb the flavors of their surrounding ingredients.

Glad you brought this up. I was gonna try them. In a vodka sauce but I can saw where it might be funky!