Do you have a reward?

Options
I was talking to a co-worker today and she asked me what my goal weight is. I am far from it but I told her. She asked me if I thought of a reward for meeting this goal. I hadn't really thought about it up to this point. I have been more focused on getting healthier but she challenged me to come up with one. I have been thinking and just can't think of one. I was wondering if this is just me? Do you have a goal and reward in mind?

Replies

• kansas_mom
    kansas_mom Posts: 16
    Options
    Originally I wanted to do a boudoir photo shoot... I did one when I was at my heaviest, so why not do it again when I'm healthy. I would probably be more confident and feel much more sexy... Lol. But, I also haven't really settled on a final reward. I would like to have one, but it seems like such a stretch for me to actually reach that goal that it doesn't seem logical to me to set up a reward when I'm so far away. I'm not being negative or hard on myself, just being realistic. Lol. Maybe what I truly want as a reward will change by the time I reach my goal. Who knows. I think I'll just focus on attaining my mini goals first and work towards the ultimate reward later. :) my first mini goal is 25 pounds and I would like to get my hair colored and give myself at least a small change. That's my reward. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A pair of opera tickets and a suitable dress.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i rewarded myself for the journey rather than the goal - i ordered a really nice weight bench today so i can keep it going. to me, the goal is a marker; having a sustainable healthier lifestyle is the big goal, and it's a lifelong sort of thing.