Non-food reward

Options
Okay, I'm back at the same place I am usually every other week. After being frustrated with myself for the weight gain, I am really strict on my calories, nutrition, and exercise and I start seeing the pounds slip away slowly. Here's where my mistake comes in! I then say, well, now that I've lost a little bit of the weight, I can treat myself to a __________. But my self-control is next to nothing and a little something turns into a whole weekend of something and then by Monday I'm back up again.

Fridays are my usual weigh in and I'm been monitoring myself all week, trying to motivate myself through the week, seeing 0.2 to 0.4 lb drop each day (I think I had alot of water weight to get rid of too). So tomorrow I'll step on the scale and hopefully have my weight loss for the week. But then comes Friday night (dinner at a friend's house), and Saturday (beer and crabs with family) and all the excuses I'll make for overindulging.

So I think tomorrow, while kids and husband are away, I'm going to splurge and get myself a pedicure. Then wear open toed shoes all weekend and every time I think of splurging, look at my toes and remind myself that I already did splurge and it didn't cost me any pounds. Hope it works!!!

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm back at the same place I am usually every other week. After being frustrated with myself for the weight gain, I am really strict on my calories, nutrition, and exercise and I start seeing the pounds slip away slowly. Here's where my mistake comes in! I then say, well, now that I've lost a little bit of the weight, I can treat myself to a __________. But my self-control is next to nothing and a little something turns into a whole weekend of something and then by Monday I'm back up again.

Fridays are my usual weigh in and I'm been monitoring myself all week, trying to motivate myself through the week, seeing 0.2 to 0.4 lb drop each day (I think I had alot of water weight to get rid of too). So tomorrow I'll step on the scale and hopefully have my weight loss for the week. But then comes Friday night (dinner at a friend's house), and Saturday (beer and crabs with family) and all the excuses I'll make for overindulging.

So I think tomorrow, while kids and husband are away, I'm going to splurge and get myself a pedicure. Then wear open toed shoes all weekend and every time I think of splurging, look at my toes and remind myself that I already did splurge and it didn't cost me any pounds. Hope it works!!!
  • bbright53
    Options
    Great idea! We all need to find those Non-food rewards for ourselves.

I'd wish you luck for the weekend, but you're not going to need it. Hope you get yourself some pretty sandels to go with the pedicure...
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea.

I try to do my weigh in days on Monday....AFTER the weekend, holds me more accountable.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    "But then comes Friday night (dinner at a friend's house), and Saturday (beer and crabs with family) and all the excuses I'll make for overindulging. "

I am the SAME way! Especially this weekend...trip to Aspen to see my dad, and I know we're going to drink A LOT :drinker: But I love the pedicure idea! Maybe that will help with all my other indulgences, to keep them on track. THX!:love: